Jul 31, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Clearly Shawn Marion is concerned he could not live up to the dancing standard set by Mavs owner Mark Cuban.
Okay, maybe not. But Marion has decided not to go where Cuban had gone before — Marion turned down a stint on Dancing with the Stars, according to TMZ.com.
Sources close to Shawn tell TMZ, “Dancing” sent him an official offer to appear on the show, but the NBA champ wants to make sure he’s 100% available in case the lockout ends early … so it’s a no go.
Dancing with the Stars runs through November. Usually an NBA player would be out of the question because training camps would open and preseason games would start by October. But with the lockout — one that could well drag on past November — he might have had time. Marion decided not to risk it.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 75
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32