Jul 31, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Clearly Shawn Marion is concerned he could not live up to the dancing standard set by Mavs owner Mark Cuban.
Okay, maybe not. But Marion has decided not to go where Cuban had gone before — Marion turned down a stint on Dancing with the Stars, according to TMZ.com.
Sources close to Shawn tell TMZ, “Dancing” sent him an official offer to appear on the show, but the NBA champ wants to make sure he’s 100% available in case the lockout ends early … so it’s a no go.
Dancing with the Stars runs through November. Usually an NBA player would be out of the question because training camps would open and preseason games would start by October. But with the lockout — one that could well drag on past November — he might have had time. Marion decided not to risk it.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24