Jul 31, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
Clearly Shawn Marion is concerned he could not live up to the dancing standard set by Mavs owner Mark Cuban.
Okay, maybe not. But Marion has decided not to go where Cuban had gone before — Marion turned down a stint on Dancing with the Stars, according to TMZ.com.
Sources close to Shawn tell TMZ, “Dancing” sent him an official offer to appear on the show, but the NBA champ wants to make sure he’s 100% available in case the lockout ends early … so it’s a no go.
Dancing with the Stars runs through November. Usually an NBA player would be out of the question because training camps would open and preseason games would start by October. But with the lockout — one that could well drag on past November — he might have had time. Marion decided not to risk it.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30