Jul 31, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Clearly Shawn Marion is concerned he could not live up to the dancing standard set by Mavs owner Mark Cuban.
Okay, maybe not. But Marion has decided not to go where Cuban had gone before — Marion turned down a stint on Dancing with the Stars, according to TMZ.com.
Sources close to Shawn tell TMZ, “Dancing” sent him an official offer to appear on the show, but the NBA champ wants to make sure he’s 100% available in case the lockout ends early … so it’s a no go.
Dancing with the Stars runs through November. Usually an NBA player would be out of the question because training camps would open and preseason games would start by October. But with the lockout — one that could well drag on past November — he might have had time. Marion decided not to risk it.
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 0
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2