Jul 31, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Clearly Shawn Marion is concerned he could not live up to the dancing standard set by Mavs owner Mark Cuban.
Okay, maybe not. But Marion has decided not to go where Cuban had gone before — Marion turned down a stint on Dancing with the Stars, according to TMZ.com.
Sources close to Shawn tell TMZ, “Dancing” sent him an official offer to appear on the show, but the NBA champ wants to make sure he’s 100% available in case the lockout ends early … so it’s a no go.
Dancing with the Stars runs through November. Usually an NBA player would be out of the question because training camps would open and preseason games would start by October. But with the lockout — one that could well drag on past November — he might have had time. Marion decided not to risk it.
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 3
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 9
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 18
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 24
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 14