Jul 31, 2011, 8:02 AM EDT
Boys and girls, consider this a reminder for those of you who need it: Trying to eat your drugs to keep it from the police is a bad idea. Especially if they are not in brownie form.
Arizona authorities allege former NBA basketball player Samaki Walker tried to eat marijuana as a Department of Public Safety officer approached his 2002 Mercedes-Benz during a traffic stop Thursday in Kingman.
Officials said about 10 grams of marijuana was seized from the vehicle with some prescription drugs and eight bottles of liquid steroids.
Eating the marijuana was going to help him how? If you have eight bottles of steroids in the car, just accept the punishment coming your way.
Walker was the No. 9 overall pick out of Louisville in 1996 and had a 10-year NBA career which included stops in Dallas, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington and Indiana. He did pick up a ring as part of the 2002 Lakers.
For a guy out of the league four years, nice Web site though.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6