Jul 31, 2011, 8:02 AM EDT
Boys and girls, consider this a reminder for those of you who need it: Trying to eat your drugs to keep it from the police is a bad idea. Especially if they are not in brownie form.
Arizona authorities allege former NBA basketball player Samaki Walker tried to eat marijuana as a Department of Public Safety officer approached his 2002 Mercedes-Benz during a traffic stop Thursday in Kingman.
Officials said about 10 grams of marijuana was seized from the vehicle with some prescription drugs and eight bottles of liquid steroids.
Eating the marijuana was going to help him how? If you have eight bottles of steroids in the car, just accept the punishment coming your way.
Walker was the No. 9 overall pick out of Louisville in 1996 and had a 10-year NBA career which included stops in Dallas, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington and Indiana. He did pick up a ring as part of the 2002 Lakers.
For a guy out of the league four years, nice Web site though.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10