Jul 31, 2011, 8:02 AM EDT
Boys and girls, consider this a reminder for those of you who need it: Trying to eat your drugs to keep it from the police is a bad idea. Especially if they are not in brownie form.
Arizona authorities allege former NBA basketball player Samaki Walker tried to eat marijuana as a Department of Public Safety officer approached his 2002 Mercedes-Benz during a traffic stop Thursday in Kingman.
Officials said about 10 grams of marijuana was seized from the vehicle with some prescription drugs and eight bottles of liquid steroids.
Eating the marijuana was going to help him how? If you have eight bottles of steroids in the car, just accept the punishment coming your way.
Walker was the No. 9 overall pick out of Louisville in 1996 and had a 10-year NBA career which included stops in Dallas, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington and Indiana. He did pick up a ring as part of the 2002 Lakers.
For a guy out of the league four years, nice Web site though.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9