Jul 31, 2011, 9:03 AM EDT
Point guard Acie Law has signed a one-year, $500,000 deal with the Serbian team Partizan, according to his agent, Mark Bartlestein. The deal does not have an out clause that would allow Law to return to the NBA should the current lockout end.
Law was a free agent, he did not need to get clearance to sign overseas. Last season he started with the Warriors but was traded to Memphis. He didn’t play a whole lot either place.
It’s not a rich contract as hoops deals go but it insures he gets a payday while the league is locked out. Law has played for four teams in his four seasons and he was not going to make much more than that in the NBA if he even made a team.
For some guys signing in Europe is a threat, but for guys like Law it’s just a smart move.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 31
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 55
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4