Jul 31, 2011, 9:03 AM EDT
Point guard Acie Law has signed a one-year, $500,000 deal with the Serbian team Partizan, according to his agent, Mark Bartlestein. The deal does not have an out clause that would allow Law to return to the NBA should the current lockout end.
Law was a free agent, he did not need to get clearance to sign overseas. Last season he started with the Warriors but was traded to Memphis. He didn’t play a whole lot either place.
It’s not a rich contract as hoops deals go but it insures he gets a payday while the league is locked out. Law has played for four teams in his four seasons and he was not going to make much more than that in the NBA if he even made a team.
For some guys signing in Europe is a threat, but for guys like Law it’s just a smart move.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 6
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12