Jul 31, 2011, 9:03 AM EDT
Point guard Acie Law has signed a one-year, $500,000 deal with the Serbian team Partizan, according to his agent, Mark Bartlestein. The deal does not have an out clause that would allow Law to return to the NBA should the current lockout end.
Law was a free agent, he did not need to get clearance to sign overseas. Last season he started with the Warriors but was traded to Memphis. He didn’t play a whole lot either place.
It’s not a rich contract as hoops deals go but it insures he gets a payday while the league is locked out. Law has played for four teams in his four seasons and he was not going to make much more than that in the NBA if he even made a team.
For some guys signing in Europe is a threat, but for guys like Law it’s just a smart move.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 18
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 27
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay