Jul 31, 2011, 9:03 AM EST
Point guard Acie Law has signed a one-year, $500,000 deal with the Serbian team Partizan, according to his agent, Mark Bartlestein. The deal does not have an out clause that would allow Law to return to the NBA should the current lockout end.
Law was a free agent, he did not need to get clearance to sign overseas. Last season he started with the Warriors but was traded to Memphis. He didn’t play a whole lot either place.
It’s not a rich contract as hoops deals go but it insures he gets a payday while the league is locked out. Law has played for four teams in his four seasons and he was not going to make much more than that in the NBA if he even made a team.
For some guys signing in Europe is a threat, but for guys like Law it’s just a smart move.
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 0
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14