Jul 29, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
There is a crew of 1,000 construction workers, broken out into groups that are working 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to completely remodel the interior of the venerable Madison Square Garden.
There will be new seats, new suites and even a new bar where you can watch the Knicks walk from the locker room to the arena floor. All at a cost of just $1 billion. What a bargain.
The folks at the New York Post had a time-lapse video of the work, and frankly I’m a sucker for time-lapse videos. So, we present you with construction workers moving faster than you have ever seen before (they have a deadline, the New York Rangers season is starting on time). Enjoy.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona