Jul 29, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
There is a crew of 1,000 construction workers, broken out into groups that are working 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to completely remodel the interior of the venerable Madison Square Garden.
There will be new seats, new suites and even a new bar where you can watch the Knicks walk from the locker room to the arena floor. All at a cost of just $1 billion. What a bargain.
The folks at the New York Post had a time-lapse video of the work, and frankly I’m a sucker for time-lapse videos. So, we present you with construction workers moving faster than you have ever seen before (they have a deadline, the New York Rangers season is starting on time). Enjoy.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11