Video: Dwayne Wade, the making of a fashion icon

Jul 29, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT

Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade attends a fashion show of the Yves Saint Laurent collection as part of spring-summer 2012 men's fashion season presented in Paris on Friday, June 24, 2011 AP

I don’t know if Dwyane Wade is a fashion icon and I am about the least qualified person in the United States to make that call. Well, our own Matt Moore gives me a run for that designation, but basically hoops bloggers are not people you should turn to for fashion advice.

But someone thinks he is so they are making a documentary about it. What you see below is a trailer for said documentary. Enjoy.

We’re not sure when the documentary is coming out, although I’m comfortable in saying that an Oscar nomination is not in its future.

1. downtowndanny - Jul 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM

what the hell did i just watch? D Wade is a cool dude, but some of that gear is pure homo. and no I wont be pre-ordering from Fandango to watch this crap.

• pelleort43 - May 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM

It’s not being sloppy that makes you a man!

2. eazye76 - Jul 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM

This is a subject I know NOTHING about, but people who do know a lot about fashion say Wade is the best dresser in the NBA. I guess he is, but I don’t get it. Ever since the dress code started some of these guys dress like old men from the 70′s.

3. opshuns - Jul 29, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Wade, some day you are going to be retired. Don’t forget the future.

• pelleort43 - May 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Well, since he is worth 65million (after the divorce), if he can not afford these clothes; then, you can not afford a pair of $30. pair of pants on your salary!

4. sasquash20 - Jul 29, 2011 at 11:34 PM

What a tinkerbell

• pelleort43 - May 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM

You are so jealous because you have no sense of style. Obviously, he is very secure. I am more worried about men like you because you sound like you are hidding something. Come out of the closet and get some air.

• pelleort43 - May 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I have always been sceptical of men who like to label other men as gay because they are not sloppy. You remind me of the hundreds of politicians and preachers who are always speaking against homosexuality or labeling others only to find out that they are not only gay but some are even pedophiles. Someone needs to keep an eye on you. A closet homosexual man only wears clothes that would make him appear as macho as possible.

• 00maltliquor - Jun 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM

It’s all cool if you want to be gay man, by all means, do you. Just don’t come here trying to make us real men feel like we’re the weird ones.

5. 00maltliquor - Jul 31, 2011 at 12:18 AM

metrosexual

• pelleort43 - May 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

If you know the meaning of the word, great compliment.

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures