Jul 29, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
Three big-name NBA guards may be going back to school rather than going to Europe if the NBA lockout drags on into the fall.
Kentucky coach John Calipari tweeted this on Thursday night:
All three played ball at Kentucky. Good for them going back to school… but if you’re asking why are they really going back to school — other than to relive the joy of Sociology 101 — we have a guess (suggested by Matt Jones at Kentuckysportsradio.com). All three can be “student assistant coaches” with the Kentucky squad, meaning they could practice with the team. Calipari has already said than any former Kentucky player could come back and use the facilities.
But apparently these three could be getting their education back in college rather than experiencing life in Europe.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9