Jul 29, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
Three big-name NBA guards may be going back to school rather than going to Europe if the NBA lockout drags on into the fall.
Kentucky coach John Calipari tweeted this on Thursday night:
All three played ball at Kentucky. Good for them going back to school… but if you’re asking why are they really going back to school — other than to relive the joy of Sociology 101 — we have a guess (suggested by Matt Jones at Kentuckysportsradio.com). All three can be “student assistant coaches” with the Kentucky squad, meaning they could practice with the team. Calipari has already said than any former Kentucky player could come back and use the facilities.
But apparently these three could be getting their education back in college rather than experiencing life in Europe.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6