Jul 29, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
Three big-name NBA guards may be going back to school rather than going to Europe if the NBA lockout drags on into the fall.
Kentucky coach John Calipari tweeted this on Thursday night:
All three played ball at Kentucky. Good for them going back to school… but if you’re asking why are they really going back to school — other than to relive the joy of Sociology 101 — we have a guess (suggested by Matt Jones at Kentuckysportsradio.com). All three can be “student assistant coaches” with the Kentucky squad, meaning they could practice with the team. Calipari has already said than any former Kentucky player could come back and use the facilities.
But apparently these three could be getting their education back in college rather than experiencing life in Europe.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20