Jul 29, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
Three big-name NBA guards may be going back to school rather than going to Europe if the NBA lockout drags on into the fall.
Kentucky coach John Calipari tweeted this on Thursday night:
All three played ball at Kentucky. Good for them going back to school… but if you’re asking why are they really going back to school — other than to relive the joy of Sociology 101 — we have a guess (suggested by Matt Jones at Kentuckysportsradio.com). All three can be “student assistant coaches” with the Kentucky squad, meaning they could practice with the team. Calipari has already said than any former Kentucky player could come back and use the facilities.
But apparently these three could be getting their education back in college rather than experiencing life in Europe.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32