Jul 29, 2011, 8:12 AM EST
Three big-name NBA guards may be going back to school rather than going to Europe if the NBA lockout drags on into the fall.
Kentucky coach John Calipari tweeted this on Thursday night:
All three played ball at Kentucky. Good for them going back to school… but if you’re asking why are they really going back to school — other than to relive the joy of Sociology 101 — we have a guess (suggested by Matt Jones at Kentuckysportsradio.com). All three can be “student assistant coaches” with the Kentucky squad, meaning they could practice with the team. Calipari has already said than any former Kentucky player could come back and use the facilities.
But apparently these three could be getting their education back in college rather than experiencing life in Europe.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 31
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25