Jul 28, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
But it might actually happen.
The Chester Chronicle in England has team officials confirming that Artest will go to England in a few weeks to see if he can finalize a deal to play for the Cheshire Jets.
Jets director Pete Hawkins said: “I spoke to Ron’s representatives on Tuesday night. We have agreed the fundamentals of the deal and Ron is coming over (to England) in a few weeks.
“What we need to do is match up our timetables because we need him here for the start of the season, but there is a bit of a clash of timetables. If we can sort that out then the deal will be done, but talks are ongoing so hopefully we can get everything straightened out in time.”
Is that clash with his possible performance on Dancing with the Stars? Probably.
Either way, looks like if there is no NBA this fall, Ron Artest will be doing something none of us would have guessed a couple months ago. Which pretty much fits with Artest.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 0
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 26
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 22
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26