Jul 28, 2011, 7:57 PM EST
But it might actually happen.
The Chester Chronicle in England has team officials confirming that Artest will go to England in a few weeks to see if he can finalize a deal to play for the Cheshire Jets.
Jets director Pete Hawkins said: “I spoke to Ron’s representatives on Tuesday night. We have agreed the fundamentals of the deal and Ron is coming over (to England) in a few weeks.
“What we need to do is match up our timetables because we need him here for the start of the season, but there is a bit of a clash of timetables. If we can sort that out then the deal will be done, but talks are ongoing so hopefully we can get everything straightened out in time.”
Is that clash with his possible performance on Dancing with the Stars? Probably.
Either way, looks like if there is no NBA this fall, Ron Artest will be doing something none of us would have guessed a couple months ago. Which pretty much fits with Artest.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16