Jul 28, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
But it might actually happen.
The Chester Chronicle in England has team officials confirming that Artest will go to England in a few weeks to see if he can finalize a deal to play for the Cheshire Jets.
Jets director Pete Hawkins said: “I spoke to Ron’s representatives on Tuesday night. We have agreed the fundamentals of the deal and Ron is coming over (to England) in a few weeks.
“What we need to do is match up our timetables because we need him here for the start of the season, but there is a bit of a clash of timetables. If we can sort that out then the deal will be done, but talks are ongoing so hopefully we can get everything straightened out in time.”
Is that clash with his possible performance on Dancing with the Stars? Probably.
Either way, looks like if there is no NBA this fall, Ron Artest will be doing something none of us would have guessed a couple months ago. Which pretty much fits with Artest.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49