Jul 28, 2011, 9:47 AM EST
Steve Nash is a homebody.
While other players are signing or flirting with teams overseas, Nash said he’s not going. The All-Star point guard is on a promotional tour in China and while Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul said they would consider playing a season in China if the lockout drags on, Nash said no thanks, according to China Daily.
“Like I said before, if I did not have three daughters to take care of I would like to come and play in the (Chinese Basketball Association)” Nash said during a press conference on Monday in Shanghai.
“I know I have got a lot of diehard fans here, it’s incredible. The basketball league here is also awesome. It’s definitely a good league for all players worldwide. But I would like to stay with my family during the holidays,” said Nash, who arrived in China last Saturday for a four-day charity visit.
As he has before, Nash said again he isn’t looking to be traded to a contender.
“Every player wants the ring. We were very close to it many times. Changing teams may be away. But I don’t think I will join another team; I prefer to stay in Phoenix. Hopefully, we can go further next season,” said Nash.
Which is good, because it would be bad business for the Suns to trade Nash. Although the longer they hold out, the more interesting the offers that roll in may become.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13