Jul 28, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
(Volleyball legend Karch Kiraly was the only 90s beach volleyball star who refused to be in Sideout because he thought it demeaned the sport. Just another reason to love Karch.)
But when Love talked to Boomer and Carton on WFAN in New York (via Sports Radio Interviews), the talk turned to basketball. And then the Heat. Love was asked if players around the league enjoyed watching the Heat lose as much as fans everywhere outside of South Florida did.
“Oh yeah, great amount of joy out of it. Plus, for me, they say nice guys, good guys finish last. But Dallas, they just had a slew of great guys and veterans on their team that made for just a great team. It wasn’t just two, three, four guys on the team, like Miami I kind of felt it was. Around the league, it was kind of a consensus that guys were happy.”
See, NBA players are just like you and me. Well, generally taller and a lot more wealthy, but we like some of the same things.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34