Jul 28, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
(Volleyball legend Karch Kiraly was the only 90s beach volleyball star who refused to be in Sideout because he thought it demeaned the sport. Just another reason to love Karch.)
But when Love talked to Boomer and Carton on WFAN in New York (via Sports Radio Interviews), the talk turned to basketball. And then the Heat. Love was asked if players around the league enjoyed watching the Heat lose as much as fans everywhere outside of South Florida did.
“Oh yeah, great amount of joy out of it. Plus, for me, they say nice guys, good guys finish last. But Dallas, they just had a slew of great guys and veterans on their team that made for just a great team. It wasn’t just two, three, four guys on the team, like Miami I kind of felt it was. Around the league, it was kind of a consensus that guys were happy.”
See, NBA players are just like you and me. Well, generally taller and a lot more wealthy, but we like some of the same things.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4