Jul 28, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
(Volleyball legend Karch Kiraly was the only 90s beach volleyball star who refused to be in Sideout because he thought it demeaned the sport. Just another reason to love Karch.)
But when Love talked to Boomer and Carton on WFAN in New York (via Sports Radio Interviews), the talk turned to basketball. And then the Heat. Love was asked if players around the league enjoyed watching the Heat lose as much as fans everywhere outside of South Florida did.
“Oh yeah, great amount of joy out of it. Plus, for me, they say nice guys, good guys finish last. But Dallas, they just had a slew of great guys and veterans on their team that made for just a great team. It wasn’t just two, three, four guys on the team, like Miami I kind of felt it was. Around the league, it was kind of a consensus that guys were happy.”
See, NBA players are just like you and me. Well, generally taller and a lot more wealthy, but we like some of the same things.
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 24
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 27
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4