Jul 28, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
(Volleyball legend Karch Kiraly was the only 90s beach volleyball star who refused to be in Sideout because he thought it demeaned the sport. Just another reason to love Karch.)
But when Love talked to Boomer and Carton on WFAN in New York (via Sports Radio Interviews), the talk turned to basketball. And then the Heat. Love was asked if players around the league enjoyed watching the Heat lose as much as fans everywhere outside of South Florida did.
“Oh yeah, great amount of joy out of it. Plus, for me, they say nice guys, good guys finish last. But Dallas, they just had a slew of great guys and veterans on their team that made for just a great team. It wasn’t just two, three, four guys on the team, like Miami I kind of felt it was. Around the league, it was kind of a consensus that guys were happy.”
See, NBA players are just like you and me. Well, generally taller and a lot more wealthy, but we like some of the same things.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 4
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 26
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50