Jul 28, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
We’re pretty weary of the “will he or won’t he” game with guys going overseas. But we’re still passing along stuff from the big names guys, because that’s what we do here.
Andre Iguodala has no plans to sign overseas during lockout. He’d consider a tour, by right now not entertaining year-long contract offers.
We get why the union is asking guys to talk to teams overseas, particularly big name guys. It’s about leverage at the bargaining table, showing that players have options. Tom Ziller did a fantastic breakdown supporting the idea.
But like most things in a capitalistic society, the advantages go to the already wealthy. Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul can make $400,000 to play a couple exhibition games in Manilla, but that opportunity is not available to Brian Cardinal or Joel Anthony. It is the NBA’s middle class and younger players that are going to hurt from this lockout far more than the guys who are being courted to make big money overseas.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 0
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 9
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 17
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'