Jul 28, 2011, 9:05 AM EDT
We warned you a few days ago this was likely, and while the location changed the result remains the same.
Celtics second round pick E’Twaun Moore has signed with the Italian team Benetton Treviso for next season, reports Sportando. There reportedly is an opt-out clause so if the NBA does start up again he an come back and try to make the Celtics squad.
This is a smart move by Moore, who was the No. 55 pick overall. While he likely would have made he Celtics roster, as a second round pick there is no guaranteed money and with the lockout it’s the wise move to make sure he gets a payday next season.
Moore was a good college player — he averaged 18 points a game as a senior at Purdue — but is not the kind of explosive athlete that impresses scouts. Still, he was one of those guys who just seemed to make smart plays and get things done. He could have a nice career as an NBA backup player. But first he’s going to get a year of seasoning in Italy.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48