Jul 28, 2011, 9:05 AM EST
We warned you a few days ago this was likely, and while the location changed the result remains the same.
Celtics second round pick E’Twaun Moore has signed with the Italian team Benetton Treviso for next season, reports Sportando. There reportedly is an opt-out clause so if the NBA does start up again he an come back and try to make the Celtics squad.
This is a smart move by Moore, who was the No. 55 pick overall. While he likely would have made he Celtics roster, as a second round pick there is no guaranteed money and with the lockout it’s the wise move to make sure he gets a payday next season.
Moore was a good college player — he averaged 18 points a game as a senior at Purdue — but is not the kind of explosive athlete that impresses scouts. Still, he was one of those guys who just seemed to make smart plays and get things done. He could have a nice career as an NBA backup player. But first he’s going to get a year of seasoning in Italy.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24