Jul 28, 2011, 9:05 AM EST
We warned you a few days ago this was likely, and while the location changed the result remains the same.
Celtics second round pick E’Twaun Moore has signed with the Italian team Benetton Treviso for next season, reports Sportando. There reportedly is an opt-out clause so if the NBA does start up again he an come back and try to make the Celtics squad.
This is a smart move by Moore, who was the No. 55 pick overall. While he likely would have made he Celtics roster, as a second round pick there is no guaranteed money and with the lockout it’s the wise move to make sure he gets a payday next season.
Moore was a good college player — he averaged 18 points a game as a senior at Purdue — but is not the kind of explosive athlete that impresses scouts. Still, he was one of those guys who just seemed to make smart plays and get things done. He could have a nice career as an NBA backup player. But first he’s going to get a year of seasoning in Italy.
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 0
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 12
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41