Jul 28, 2011, 9:05 AM EST
We warned you a few days ago this was likely, and while the location changed the result remains the same.
Celtics second round pick E’Twaun Moore has signed with the Italian team Benetton Treviso for next season, reports Sportando. There reportedly is an opt-out clause so if the NBA does start up again he an come back and try to make the Celtics squad.
This is a smart move by Moore, who was the No. 55 pick overall. While he likely would have made he Celtics roster, as a second round pick there is no guaranteed money and with the lockout it’s the wise move to make sure he gets a payday next season.
Moore was a good college player — he averaged 18 points a game as a senior at Purdue — but is not the kind of explosive athlete that impresses scouts. Still, he was one of those guys who just seemed to make smart plays and get things done. He could have a nice career as an NBA backup player. But first he’s going to get a year of seasoning in Italy.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10