Jul 27, 2011, 10:18 AM EDT
What else did you expect them to say?
Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul have been good soldiers for the NBA players union, officially keeping the door open to them playing overseas if the lockout drags on. Leverage baby! Even though for CP3 he’d be risking injury while on the cusp of a huge free agent payday in the NBA. But sure he’ll play overseas.
Anthony and Paul are on a Nike/Jordan brand promotional tour in China. Of course, they were asked if they would play overseas during the lockout. Of course they said yes. Of course they were asked where they would like to play.
What do you think they answered? ESPN has the video, if you need to see it.
“I love it, man, there’s a lot of history here,” Anthony said. “The fans are great. So why not? Why not try it out?”
Paul later said “Same, no question.”
So to recap: While in China standing in front of Chinese fans and asked to make a completely non-binding comment on if they would play in China should they decide to play overseas during the lockout, both said “why not.”
Take that with all the seriousness they intended it.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 7
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10