Jul 27, 2011, 10:18 AM EDT
What else did you expect them to say?
Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul have been good soldiers for the NBA players union, officially keeping the door open to them playing overseas if the lockout drags on. Leverage baby! Even though for CP3 he’d be risking injury while on the cusp of a huge free agent payday in the NBA. But sure he’ll play overseas.
Anthony and Paul are on a Nike/Jordan brand promotional tour in China. Of course, they were asked if they would play overseas during the lockout. Of course they said yes. Of course they were asked where they would like to play.
What do you think they answered? ESPN has the video, if you need to see it.
“I love it, man, there’s a lot of history here,” Anthony said. “The fans are great. So why not? Why not try it out?”
Paul later said “Same, no question.”
So to recap: While in China standing in front of Chinese fans and asked to make a completely non-binding comment on if they would play in China should they decide to play overseas during the lockout, both said “why not.”
Take that with all the seriousness they intended it.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2