Jul 27, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
Ron Artest apparently wants to be the latest athlete to join a group of celebrities time has passed by trying desperately to revive their careers.
Nothing’s official yet — but sources tell us, both Artest and “Dancing” producers have been in touch to hash out a possible deal … and Ron’s pretty excited about the prospect.
But here’s the catch — “Dancing” won’t end ’til November and basketball season typically starts in October … which means if the lockout ends early, Ron could be S.O.L.
That said, Ron could theoretically handle both commitments simultaneously — because as TMZ first reported, “Dancing” producers are desperate for A-list talent … so there will be NO minimum rehearsal requirement next season.
Ron Artest is “A” list talent?
It’s really the lockout that could be the snag — if it ends before taping is finished Metta World Peace would have to walk away from the show (no way he could handle both with the travel commitments of the NBA). We can debate the likeliness of the lockout ending by November if the two sides are not even talking as of today, but it could get solved by then and that would concern producers.
But Lakers fans shouldn’t worry, it’s not like major injuries to athletes happen on the show… oh yea, Misty May-Treanor blew out her Achilles and had to take more than a year away from her sport. And there have been plenty of turned ankles. So, there are risks for everyone.
But still, we kind of want to see this. Mostly for the train wreck potential.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19