Jul 27, 2011, 9:14 AM EDT
Ron Artest apparently wants to be the latest athlete to join a group of celebrities time has passed by trying desperately to revive their careers.
Nothing’s official yet — but sources tell us, both Artest and “Dancing” producers have been in touch to hash out a possible deal … and Ron’s pretty excited about the prospect.
But here’s the catch — “Dancing” won’t end ’til November and basketball season typically starts in October … which means if the lockout ends early, Ron could be S.O.L.
That said, Ron could theoretically handle both commitments simultaneously — because as TMZ first reported, “Dancing” producers are desperate for A-list talent … so there will be NO minimum rehearsal requirement next season.
Ron Artest is “A” list talent?
It’s really the lockout that could be the snag — if it ends before taping is finished Metta World Peace would have to walk away from the show (no way he could handle both with the travel commitments of the NBA). We can debate the likeliness of the lockout ending by November if the two sides are not even talking as of today, but it could get solved by then and that would concern producers.
But Lakers fans shouldn’t worry, it’s not like major injuries to athletes happen on the show… oh yea, Misty May-Treanor blew out her Achilles and had to take more than a year away from her sport. And there have been plenty of turned ankles. So, there are risks for everyone.
But still, we kind of want to see this. Mostly for the train wreck potential.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 0
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 3
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 35
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record