Jul 27, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
From Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski we get the news an interesting hire in Milwaukee:
Sidney Moncrief, one of the Milwaukee Bucks’ legendary players, is finalizing an agreement to return to the franchise as an assistant coach, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Moncrief will replace Kelvin Sampson on Scott Skiles’ coaching staff, and have significant responsibilities on the defensive side. Sampson left the Bucks to become Kevin McHale’s lead assistant with the Houston Rockets.
The 53-year old Moncrief was a two-time defensive player of the year as a player, but the Bucks’ defense doesn’t need all that much fixing as is — the team finished fourth in defensive efficiency last season. It’s the Bucks’ offense, which ranked dead last in the NBA last season, that needs fixing — we’ll see what moves the Bucks make to address their abysmal offense this off-season.
Still, this is a hiring that should go over well with Bucks fans.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6