Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
Kevin Love was on the full-blown media tour yesterday, pimping beach volleyball and Jose Cuervo all over New York City and the national airwaves. And saying he’s got more sway with his organization than Kobe Bryant does with the Lakers.
Out of that mound of media came a few interesting tidbits, like the stuff out of the New York Post.
For example, Love talked lockout and he didn’t sound terribly optimistic.
“My gut feeling is it’s going to be a long time,” said Love, who played points on a makeshift beach court at 42nd Street and Broadway. “I’m hoping and praying it’s not. I want to be able to say I played 15 years, a full 15 years. But it’s looking like it’s going to be a long time. Hopefully it will be more than 50 games, and we won’t have to play back-to-back-to-back. I really hope it is all 82.”
And he agrees with the rest of us — NBA.com looks ridiculous since the orders came down to remove the image of any current player from the site.
“They took everything off,” Love told The Post. “I laughed, but it’s not funny. You take everyone off? You go on our website and it’s the dancers and Crutch our mascot. I think it’s cool for the charity events, but not using any of the players, it’s silly. Let’s get this thing resolved and play basketball. It’s disheartening to fans and to us. Let’s get it figured out.”
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5