Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
Kevin Love was on the full-blown media tour yesterday, pimping beach volleyball and Jose Cuervo all over New York City and the national airwaves. And saying he’s got more sway with his organization than Kobe Bryant does with the Lakers.
Out of that mound of media came a few interesting tidbits, like the stuff out of the New York Post.
For example, Love talked lockout and he didn’t sound terribly optimistic.
“My gut feeling is it’s going to be a long time,” said Love, who played points on a makeshift beach court at 42nd Street and Broadway. “I’m hoping and praying it’s not. I want to be able to say I played 15 years, a full 15 years. But it’s looking like it’s going to be a long time. Hopefully it will be more than 50 games, and we won’t have to play back-to-back-to-back. I really hope it is all 82.”
And he agrees with the rest of us — NBA.com looks ridiculous since the orders came down to remove the image of any current player from the site.
“They took everything off,” Love told The Post. “I laughed, but it’s not funny. You take everyone off? You go on our website and it’s the dancers and Crutch our mascot. I think it’s cool for the charity events, but not using any of the players, it’s silly. Let’s get this thing resolved and play basketball. It’s disheartening to fans and to us. Let’s get it figured out.”
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 4
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11