Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
Kevin Love was on the full-blown media tour yesterday, pimping beach volleyball and Jose Cuervo all over New York City and the national airwaves. And saying he’s got more sway with his organization than Kobe Bryant does with the Lakers.
Out of that mound of media came a few interesting tidbits, like the stuff out of the New York Post.
For example, Love talked lockout and he didn’t sound terribly optimistic.
“My gut feeling is it’s going to be a long time,” said Love, who played points on a makeshift beach court at 42nd Street and Broadway. “I’m hoping and praying it’s not. I want to be able to say I played 15 years, a full 15 years. But it’s looking like it’s going to be a long time. Hopefully it will be more than 50 games, and we won’t have to play back-to-back-to-back. I really hope it is all 82.”
And he agrees with the rest of us — NBA.com looks ridiculous since the orders came down to remove the image of any current player from the site.
“They took everything off,” Love told The Post. “I laughed, but it’s not funny. You take everyone off? You go on our website and it’s the dancers and Crutch our mascot. I think it’s cool for the charity events, but not using any of the players, it’s silly. Let’s get this thing resolved and play basketball. It’s disheartening to fans and to us. Let’s get it figured out.”
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13