Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
Kevin Love was on the full-blown media tour yesterday, pimping beach volleyball and Jose Cuervo all over New York City and the national airwaves. And saying he’s got more sway with his organization than Kobe Bryant does with the Lakers.
Out of that mound of media came a few interesting tidbits, like the stuff out of the New York Post.
For example, Love talked lockout and he didn’t sound terribly optimistic.
“My gut feeling is it’s going to be a long time,” said Love, who played points on a makeshift beach court at 42nd Street and Broadway. “I’m hoping and praying it’s not. I want to be able to say I played 15 years, a full 15 years. But it’s looking like it’s going to be a long time. Hopefully it will be more than 50 games, and we won’t have to play back-to-back-to-back. I really hope it is all 82.”
And he agrees with the rest of us — NBA.com looks ridiculous since the orders came down to remove the image of any current player from the site.
“They took everything off,” Love told The Post. “I laughed, but it’s not funny. You take everyone off? You go on our website and it’s the dancers and Crutch our mascot. I think it’s cool for the charity events, but not using any of the players, it’s silly. Let’s get this thing resolved and play basketball. It’s disheartening to fans and to us. Let’s get it figured out.”
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)