Jul 27, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Back in March, Jalen Rose was arrested for drinking and driving — then he got in more trouble with his employers at ESPN for not telling them about it — has been sentenced to 20 days in jail for the offense, according to Fox News in Detroit.
Rose crashed his SUV then when cops showed up to the crash he was tested for driving under the influence, according to reports. He told police he had six martinis that night, according to the Fox News report.
He will start serving the 20 days next Tuesday.
Rose was a member of Michigan’s Fab Five — he helped put together ESPN’s “30 for 30” documentary on the team — and had a 13-year NBA career, best remembered for his time in Indiana.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 2
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7