Jul 27, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Back in March, Jalen Rose was arrested for drinking and driving — then he got in more trouble with his employers at ESPN for not telling them about it — has been sentenced to 20 days in jail for the offense, according to Fox News in Detroit.
Rose crashed his SUV then when cops showed up to the crash he was tested for driving under the influence, according to reports. He told police he had six martinis that night, according to the Fox News report.
He will start serving the 20 days next Tuesday.
Rose was a member of Michigan’s Fab Five — he helped put together ESPN’s “30 for 30” documentary on the team — and had a 13-year NBA career, best remembered for his time in Indiana.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 25
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 30
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18