Jul 27, 2011, 12:42 PM EST
Back in March, Jalen Rose was arrested for drinking and driving — then he got in more trouble with his employers at ESPN for not telling them about it — has been sentenced to 20 days in jail for the offense, according to Fox News in Detroit.
Rose crashed his SUV then when cops showed up to the crash he was tested for driving under the influence, according to reports. He told police he had six martinis that night, according to the Fox News report.
He will start serving the 20 days next Tuesday.
Rose was a member of Michigan’s Fab Five — he helped put together ESPN’s “30 for 30” documentary on the team — and had a 13-year NBA career, best remembered for his time in Indiana.
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 20
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 30
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 9
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (42)