Jul 27, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Back in March, Jalen Rose was arrested for drinking and driving — then he got in more trouble with his employers at ESPN for not telling them about it — has been sentenced to 20 days in jail for the offense, according to Fox News in Detroit.
Rose crashed his SUV then when cops showed up to the crash he was tested for driving under the influence, according to reports. He told police he had six martinis that night, according to the Fox News report.
He will start serving the 20 days next Tuesday.
Rose was a member of Michigan’s Fab Five — he helped put together ESPN’s “30 for 30” documentary on the team — and had a 13-year NBA career, best remembered for his time in Indiana.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 26
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte