Ibaka says he will be an All-Star soon

Jul 27, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT

Ibaka_block

Hoopshype’s Jorge Sierra recently sat down with the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka for an interview, and there’s a lot of interesting stuff in there. Here’s a quick excerpt:

Do you think you have the potential to be an All-Star?

SI: Yes, I see it happening in one or two years.

Playing for a team like Oklahoma City, with guys like Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook, do you think you can have a bigger role offensively than you’ve had so far?

SI: Well… I feel very good about my current role. They will both help me improve my offensive game. On the defensive end, the role I have is very important for me. If one day I become an All-Star, it will not be only because of my offensive game. My job on the defensive end will count too.

Ibaka had a breakout season last year. He established himself as one of the best shot-blockers and defensive players in the league, added a mid-range jumper and made huge leaps on the offensive end, and showed some shocking athleticism when he dunked from beyond the free-throw line at the dunk contest.

He along with Kendrick Perkins make maybe the best defensive front line in the league.

For more of Ibaka’s thoughts on his upcoming free-agency, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, which player in the NBA he idolized, and his charity work in the Congo, click through and read the full interview.

1. cotopolisprime - Jul 27, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Ibaka is a beast! Love the way he plays and his attitude. Once he refines his offensive game the sky is the limit!

2. involvement82 - Jul 28, 2011 at 5:23 AM

He’s retarded cause it’s not a players choice if he will be a all star, and I can assure you that this guy don’t have my vote

• egls7 - Jul 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM

You’re retarded because he is only displaying confidence with his all star statement. And to top it all off, you can’t spell

3. involvement82 - Jul 29, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Ur grandma can’t spell Egls7. For all we know urn the scrubby Lopez hiding behind your lame screen name.. Where u live so I can slap u and ur mom?

• egls7 - Jul 29, 2011 at 3:48 AM

LOL tough guy huh? And you still can’t spell hahahahaha

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches