Jul 27, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Rodney White, the college star who put UNC Charlotte in the NCAA Tournament a decade ago then was the No. 9 pick of the Detroit Pistons in 2001, has been arrested, according to the Charlotte Observer (via SLAM).
The charges are pretty serious — “managing what investigators called “an elaborate” marijuana-growing operation in Alexander and Iredell counties” according to the report.
“During the search, an elaborate underground bunker was located, where detectives found a hidden marijuana grow room,” Redmond said.
Based on that discovery, agents got a search warrant for a residence on Montibello Drive in Mooresville. Redmond said detectives found more than four pounds of marijuana; an assortment of firearms; grow lights; planting materials; and other items used to grow marijuana.
White played four seasons in the NBA with the Pistons, Nuggets and Warriors, plus played some in Europe and Asia after his NBA career ended.
He is being held on $50,000 bail.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 0
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19