Jul 27, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Rodney White, the college star who put UNC Charlotte in the NCAA Tournament a decade ago then was the No. 9 pick of the Detroit Pistons in 2001, has been arrested, according to the Charlotte Observer (via SLAM).
The charges are pretty serious — “managing what investigators called “an elaborate” marijuana-growing operation in Alexander and Iredell counties” according to the report.
“During the search, an elaborate underground bunker was located, where detectives found a hidden marijuana grow room,” Redmond said.
Based on that discovery, agents got a search warrant for a residence on Montibello Drive in Mooresville. Redmond said detectives found more than four pounds of marijuana; an assortment of firearms; grow lights; planting materials; and other items used to grow marijuana.
White played four seasons in the NBA with the Pistons, Nuggets and Warriors, plus played some in Europe and Asia after his NBA career ended.
He is being held on $50,000 bail.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 18
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47