Jul 27, 2011, 2:57 PM EDT
You go to New York for the opportunities.
That’s’ why Amar’e Stoudemire signed there. Well, that and the $99 million. But also the opportunities — like the opportunity to be seen as the savior who helped turn around a struggling franchise in a basketball-crazy city.
Or the opportunity to branch out into the world of fashion.
Which is exactly what Stoudemire will be doing with a new Web site he will help launch, according to the New York Post.
The Knicks’ 6’10″ power forward has struck a deal to launch his own Web site at Big Lead Sports.com, The Post has learned. The 28-year-old all-star will focus his site on sports and fashion.
Stoudemire is expected to provide exclusive content for Big Lead, which was formed as a sports blog nearly five years ago, in exchange for a revenue-sharing agreement and small equity stake in the company.
Stoudemire’s new site also will have an educational component, using things like fantasy basketball to help teach math. Word problems like: If Amar’e was taking 20 shots a game, then Carmelo Anthony came along and took away half of Amar’e shots, how many would he have left?
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 18
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 13
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record