Jul 26, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
While other NBA players have been spotted hitting the gym or on courts at the big summer pro/am series like the Drew and Goodman leagues, Amar’e Stoudemire has been working on his clothing lines.
Not playing, not even working out. Just resting his body. Because his back is not right yet.
A couple months after the season and his back still is u still hurts, the Knicks star told ESPN New York.
Stoudemire said that while he can move and bend over fine, his back is still sore and it’s slowly healing. In fact, the court is the last place you’ll find him. Try the couch.
“Right now, all I can do is rest,” Stoudemire said. “There’s no rehab right now — no cardio, no weightlifting, nothing. They say the best thing for me right now is another three weeks of rest, nothing else.”
He does want to get back, he wants to organize some workouts and some games with Knicks teammates.
And he says he is open to Europe, that he’s getting a lot of offers. This is a guy who has had microfracture surgery, who had a problem with his retina, finally overcame all that to get a max deal and he’s going to risk it to play overseas for a fraction of the money?
Not likely. For now it’s not about Europe, it’s about rest for Stoudemire.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 32
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 44
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42