Jul 26, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
While other NBA players have been spotted hitting the gym or on courts at the big summer pro/am series like the Drew and Goodman leagues, Amar’e Stoudemire has been working on his clothing lines.
Not playing, not even working out. Just resting his body. Because his back is not right yet.
A couple months after the season and his back still is u still hurts, the Knicks star told ESPN New York.
Stoudemire said that while he can move and bend over fine, his back is still sore and it’s slowly healing. In fact, the court is the last place you’ll find him. Try the couch.
“Right now, all I can do is rest,” Stoudemire said. “There’s no rehab right now — no cardio, no weightlifting, nothing. They say the best thing for me right now is another three weeks of rest, nothing else.”
He does want to get back, he wants to organize some workouts and some games with Knicks teammates.
And he says he is open to Europe, that he’s getting a lot of offers. This is a guy who has had microfracture surgery, who had a problem with his retina, finally overcame all that to get a max deal and he’s going to risk it to play overseas for a fraction of the money?
Not likely. For now it’s not about Europe, it’s about rest for Stoudemire.
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 0
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 6
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 21
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6