Jul 26, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
While other NBA players have been spotted hitting the gym or on courts at the big summer pro/am series like the Drew and Goodman leagues, Amar’e Stoudemire has been working on his clothing lines.
Not playing, not even working out. Just resting his body. Because his back is not right yet.
A couple months after the season and his back still is u still hurts, the Knicks star told ESPN New York.
Stoudemire said that while he can move and bend over fine, his back is still sore and it’s slowly healing. In fact, the court is the last place you’ll find him. Try the couch.
“Right now, all I can do is rest,” Stoudemire said. “There’s no rehab right now — no cardio, no weightlifting, nothing. They say the best thing for me right now is another three weeks of rest, nothing else.”
He does want to get back, he wants to organize some workouts and some games with Knicks teammates.
And he says he is open to Europe, that he’s getting a lot of offers. This is a guy who has had microfracture surgery, who had a problem with his retina, finally overcame all that to get a max deal and he’s going to risk it to play overseas for a fraction of the money?
Not likely. For now it’s not about Europe, it’s about rest for Stoudemire.
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 6
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 5
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 12
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (89)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay