Jul 26, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
While other NBA players have been spotted hitting the gym or on courts at the big summer pro/am series like the Drew and Goodman leagues, Amar’e Stoudemire has been working on his clothing lines.
Not playing, not even working out. Just resting his body. Because his back is not right yet.
A couple months after the season and his back still is u still hurts, the Knicks star told ESPN New York.
Stoudemire said that while he can move and bend over fine, his back is still sore and it’s slowly healing. In fact, the court is the last place you’ll find him. Try the couch.
“Right now, all I can do is rest,” Stoudemire said. “There’s no rehab right now — no cardio, no weightlifting, nothing. They say the best thing for me right now is another three weeks of rest, nothing else.”
He does want to get back, he wants to organize some workouts and some games with Knicks teammates.
And he says he is open to Europe, that he’s getting a lot of offers. This is a guy who has had microfracture surgery, who had a problem with his retina, finally overcame all that to get a max deal and he’s going to risk it to play overseas for a fraction of the money?
Not likely. For now it’s not about Europe, it’s about rest for Stoudemire.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 6
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 36
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 6