Jul 26, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
Danny Ainge justified the trade saying Green gave the Celtics needed depth on the wing and that they didn’t want to lose Perkins for nothing if free agency.
“It wasn’t like the man passed away or something,” Rondo said. “I think we put too much emphasis on it. It’s a business. He got traded. He’s very happy where he’s at. We still talk and I’m always going to have his back. It shouldn’t have affected us the way it affected us.”
Next season is going to be an interesting one in Boston, they are going to make one more run with the big four of Rondo, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. They also have Jermaine O’Neal and Avery Bradley inked.
After that, there is nobody. Jeff Green is a restricted free agent and you can bet the Celtics will match offers, and Delonte West wants to return. But there is going to be a major roster shake up around the Celtics aging core. Can they put together something — in a limited amount of time after the lockout ends — that can challenge Miami and Chicago for the Eastern Conference title?
We’ll see, but this will be the last kick at the can for the team as constructed. It’s going to be interesting in Boston.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona