Jul 26, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
We could all use a little good news in the midst of the NBA lockout stupidity.
The last time we saw Marquis Daniels, the backup wingman for the Celtics was face down on the floor. His head collided with Gilbert Arenas’ arm, bruising Daniel’s spinal cord and exacerbating a long-standing spinal condition. He was temporarily paralyzed. He needed surgery.
But things are looking much better, Chris Forsberg reports at ESPN Boston.
A little less than six months after a scary on-court incident threatened his basketball career, former Celtics swingman Marquis has resumed workouts with the goal of returning to the NBA next season, according to his agent.
The question is where. (And when, but we’re not talking lockout for one story even if the added time off could benefit Daniels.) He liked Boston and it’s not out of the question he could return to the Celtics, although if they bring back Jeff Green (as expected, Boston can match any offer for him and to let him go is to have traded Kendrick Perkins for nothing) it would be redundant to bring in Daniels as well.
But just to see him back on an NBA court somewhere, anywhere would be good to see. The last image I want of Daniels is not the one I’m left with.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'