Jul 26, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
Just keeping you up to date on the parade of lower level NBA stars who are smart to try and get some money overseas.
One is the Knicks Jerome Jordan — a would be rookie drafted in the second round by the Bucks and traded to New York — has signed with Krka in Slovenia, according to the New York Post. He has an out clause to return to the Knicks whenever the lockout is lifted. The center out of Tulsa can make the team as a backup center — the Knicks need size desperately — if he can just show some of the fire he didn’t show enough of at Tulsa.
For him, this is a smart move. As a second round pick, he is not guaranteed to make the Knicks or any NBA roster. Now he gets to make a little money and learn a little about playing professionally, then when the time comes he gets to go the New York.
The other Tuesday signing is Garrett Temple, who in two seasons has had stints with five NBA teams (most recently the Bobcats). He’s also spent time in the D-League. The guard out of LSU is the definition of a fringe NBA guy.
He has signed with Casale, an Italian league team, and he does not have an opt out, the Charlotte Observer reports. He will play the entire season in Europe. Again, smart move for him — he had no contract for next season and while the Bobcats liked him with the lockout it’s smart to make the sure money for a season. Next year, maybe he can land back on an NBA roster — long guards who can defend have some value.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 1
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 27
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 6
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22