Jul 26, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
Just keeping you up to date on the parade of lower level NBA stars who are smart to try and get some money overseas.
One is the Knicks Jerome Jordan — a would be rookie drafted in the second round by the Bucks and traded to New York — has signed with Krka in Slovenia, according to the New York Post. He has an out clause to return to the Knicks whenever the lockout is lifted. The center out of Tulsa can make the team as a backup center — the Knicks need size desperately — if he can just show some of the fire he didn’t show enough of at Tulsa.
For him, this is a smart move. As a second round pick, he is not guaranteed to make the Knicks or any NBA roster. Now he gets to make a little money and learn a little about playing professionally, then when the time comes he gets to go the New York.
The other Tuesday signing is Garrett Temple, who in two seasons has had stints with five NBA teams (most recently the Bobcats). He’s also spent time in the D-League. The guard out of LSU is the definition of a fringe NBA guy.
He has signed with Casale, an Italian league team, and he does not have an opt out, the Charlotte Observer reports. He will play the entire season in Europe. Again, smart move for him — he had no contract for next season and while the Bobcats liked him with the lockout it’s smart to make the sure money for a season. Next year, maybe he can land back on an NBA roster — long guards who can defend have some value.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2