Jul 26, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
Just keeping you up to date on the parade of lower level NBA stars who are smart to try and get some money overseas.
One is the Knicks Jerome Jordan — a would be rookie drafted in the second round by the Bucks and traded to New York — has signed with Krka in Slovenia, according to the New York Post. He has an out clause to return to the Knicks whenever the lockout is lifted. The center out of Tulsa can make the team as a backup center — the Knicks need size desperately — if he can just show some of the fire he didn’t show enough of at Tulsa.
For him, this is a smart move. As a second round pick, he is not guaranteed to make the Knicks or any NBA roster. Now he gets to make a little money and learn a little about playing professionally, then when the time comes he gets to go the New York.
The other Tuesday signing is Garrett Temple, who in two seasons has had stints with five NBA teams (most recently the Bobcats). He’s also spent time in the D-League. The guard out of LSU is the definition of a fringe NBA guy.
He has signed with Casale, an Italian league team, and he does not have an opt out, the Charlotte Observer reports. He will play the entire season in Europe. Again, smart move for him — he had no contract for next season and while the Bobcats liked him with the lockout it’s smart to make the sure money for a season. Next year, maybe he can land back on an NBA roster — long guards who can defend have some value.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 18
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24