Jul 26, 2011, 10:38 AM EST
Isaiah Thomas was selected No. 60 — the very last pick, Mr. Irrelevant — in the NBA draft. He fell that far because there are questions — he’s small for an NBA point guard (5’10”) and is not and explosive athlete at a position where the NBA is loaded with amazing athletes. That said, he is physically strong and plays a smart game, plus he has a good shot.
He’s a bit of a longshot, but Thomas has been hearing that since before he went to play his college ball at Washington.
It makes a nice story, which some people are trying to turn into a documentary. The preview below covers draft night, and shows just how pumped people are to hear name No. 60.
The hard part is ahead for him — the Kings have some guards (Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette to start) and it will not be easy to make this team. But it makes a better movie if he can pull it off. Anyway, enjoy the movie’s trailer.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10