Jul 26, 2011, 10:38 AM EST
Isaiah Thomas was selected No. 60 — the very last pick, Mr. Irrelevant — in the NBA draft. He fell that far because there are questions — he’s small for an NBA point guard (5’10″) and is not and explosive athlete at a position where the NBA is loaded with amazing athletes. That said, he is physically strong and plays a smart game, plus he has a good shot.
He’s a bit of a longshot, but Thomas has been hearing that since before he went to play his college ball at Washington.
It makes a nice story, which some people are trying to turn into a documentary. The preview below covers draft night, and shows just how pumped people are to hear name No. 60.
The hard part is ahead for him — the Kings have some guards (Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette to start) and it will not be easy to make this team. But it makes a better movie if he can pull it off. Anyway, enjoy the movie’s trailer.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9