Jul 26, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
Isaiah Thomas was selected No. 60 — the very last pick, Mr. Irrelevant — in the NBA draft. He fell that far because there are questions — he’s small for an NBA point guard (5’10”) and is not and explosive athlete at a position where the NBA is loaded with amazing athletes. That said, he is physically strong and plays a smart game, plus he has a good shot.
He’s a bit of a longshot, but Thomas has been hearing that since before he went to play his college ball at Washington.
It makes a nice story, which some people are trying to turn into a documentary. The preview below covers draft night, and shows just how pumped people are to hear name No. 60.
The hard part is ahead for him — the Kings have some guards (Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette to start) and it will not be easy to make this team. But it makes a better movie if he can pull it off. Anyway, enjoy the movie’s trailer.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 40
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3