Jul 26, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
Isaiah Thomas was selected No. 60 — the very last pick, Mr. Irrelevant — in the NBA draft. He fell that far because there are questions — he’s small for an NBA point guard (5’10”) and is not and explosive athlete at a position where the NBA is loaded with amazing athletes. That said, he is physically strong and plays a smart game, plus he has a good shot.
He’s a bit of a longshot, but Thomas has been hearing that since before he went to play his college ball at Washington.
It makes a nice story, which some people are trying to turn into a documentary. The preview below covers draft night, and shows just how pumped people are to hear name No. 60.
The hard part is ahead for him — the Kings have some guards (Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette to start) and it will not be easy to make this team. But it makes a better movie if he can pull it off. Anyway, enjoy the movie’s trailer.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15