Jul 26, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
Isaiah Thomas was selected No. 60 — the very last pick, Mr. Irrelevant — in the NBA draft. He fell that far because there are questions — he’s small for an NBA point guard (5’10”) and is not and explosive athlete at a position where the NBA is loaded with amazing athletes. That said, he is physically strong and plays a smart game, plus he has a good shot.
He’s a bit of a longshot, but Thomas has been hearing that since before he went to play his college ball at Washington.
It makes a nice story, which some people are trying to turn into a documentary. The preview below covers draft night, and shows just how pumped people are to hear name No. 60.
The hard part is ahead for him — the Kings have some guards (Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette to start) and it will not be easy to make this team. But it makes a better movie if he can pull it off. Anyway, enjoy the movie’s trailer.
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 1
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 55
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 62
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 21
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30