Jul 26, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
Isaiah Thomas was selected No. 60 — the very last pick, Mr. Irrelevant — in the NBA draft. He fell that far because there are questions — he’s small for an NBA point guard (5’10”) and is not and explosive athlete at a position where the NBA is loaded with amazing athletes. That said, he is physically strong and plays a smart game, plus he has a good shot.
He’s a bit of a longshot, but Thomas has been hearing that since before he went to play his college ball at Washington.
It makes a nice story, which some people are trying to turn into a documentary. The preview below covers draft night, and shows just how pumped people are to hear name No. 60.
The hard part is ahead for him — the Kings have some guards (Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette to start) and it will not be easy to make this team. But it makes a better movie if he can pull it off. Anyway, enjoy the movie’s trailer.
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 1
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 18
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 10
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 8
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4