Jul 25, 2011, 8:48 AM EST
He is, but he’ll be back.
Joakim Noah’s ankle is fine – it was a very minor injury. He’ll rest in Chicago and will definitely be ready for #EuroBasket2011.
The French will bring a good team to the event, with a likely starting five of Noah, Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Nicolas Batum and Mickael Pietrus. They will bring Ronny Turaif off the bench, so while they may not get a lot of scoring out of the five spot they will get a lot of energy.
EuroBasket starts Aug. 31 in Lithuania.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29