Jul 25, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
He is, but he’ll be back.
Joakim Noah’s ankle is fine – it was a very minor injury. He’ll rest in Chicago and will definitely be ready for #EuroBasket2011.
The French will bring a good team to the event, with a likely starting five of Noah, Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Nicolas Batum and Mickael Pietrus. They will bring Ronny Turaif off the bench, so while they may not get a lot of scoring out of the five spot they will get a lot of energy.
EuroBasket starts Aug. 31 in Lithuania.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13