Jul 25, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
It is possible the next time the Nets play a game it will be in Brooklyn. We hope not, because that would mean an entire NBA season wiped out (greed is one of the seven deadly sins for a reason) but it could happen.
While the players are locked out construction is not at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn are not and work continues on the building, set to open in the fall of 2012. The architects just released some renderings of the building (see some at SLAM). What you see to the left is the main arena lobby. Nice.
What we really took away was how many images there seemed to be of the VIP areas of the building. Which of course is what the team is trying to sell right now because those luxury boxes and seats with perks are what drive the most revenue now.
And if you’re rich, the Barclay center is going to be sweet. Check out the suite with bar image below. It looks swanky. And as the people are cheering, we will assume they are Knicks fans out to watch their team.
- Report: Jeff Hornacek has agreed to terms with Suns to become their new head coach 6
- Heat/Pacers preview: Will the real Dwyane Wade please stand up? 12
- LeBron had two key late game turnovers, Jordan would never have… oh, yes he did (VIDEO) 49
- Gregg Popovich explains benching all five starters after sluggish start to Game 3 against the Grizzlies 11
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 7
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (101)
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni (62)
- Pacers broadcaster rips Miami Heat fans, calls them ‘losers’ for leaving Game 2 early (62)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 6
- LIVE: Pacers, Heat jockey for series lead
- MST: Kanaan wins 97th Indianapolis 500
- PBT: Will the real Dwyane Wade please stand up?
- PBT: Popovich pulls all the right strings in Game 3
- Golf: Weekley wins first title since 2008 at Colonial
- Roger Clemens still dogged by NY steroids case