Jul 25, 2011, 9:28 AM EST
Luis Scola, the Houston Rocket’s forward, isn’t going anywhere. He has four years, $46 million left on his NBA deal.
But throw him in the “flirting with overseas” category during the lockout, although the Argentinian forward is not exactly thinking what you are thinking.
Scola prefers Yao Ming’s land as a destination if the NBA season does not start because of the lockout.”It’s a more open market, it has so much potential and the country is appealing to me,” he told Ole
In his last visit to China, Luis Scola was asked which Chinese team would he play with. “I see myself playing with the Shanghai Sharks because Yao is the owner of the team.”
As we told you before, China can offer more money than many European teams, so a number of NBA players may look there. Plus, Scola has an obvious connection to Yao Ming.
Still, put this in the “not likely” category. Scola would risk a lot of NBA money to make a lot less playing in China.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5