Jul 25, 2011, 9:28 AM EDT
Luis Scola, the Houston Rocket’s forward, isn’t going anywhere. He has four years, $46 million left on his NBA deal.
But throw him in the “flirting with overseas” category during the lockout, although the Argentinian forward is not exactly thinking what you are thinking.
Scola prefers Yao Ming’s land as a destination if the NBA season does not start because of the lockout.”It’s a more open market, it has so much potential and the country is appealing to me,” he told Ole
In his last visit to China, Luis Scola was asked which Chinese team would he play with. “I see myself playing with the Shanghai Sharks because Yao is the owner of the team.”
As we told you before, China can offer more money than many European teams, so a number of NBA players may look there. Plus, Scola has an obvious connection to Yao Ming.
Still, put this in the “not likely” category. Scola would risk a lot of NBA money to make a lot less playing in China.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14