Jul 25, 2011, 9:28 AM EDT
Luis Scola, the Houston Rocket’s forward, isn’t going anywhere. He has four years, $46 million left on his NBA deal.
But throw him in the “flirting with overseas” category during the lockout, although the Argentinian forward is not exactly thinking what you are thinking.
Scola prefers Yao Ming’s land as a destination if the NBA season does not start because of the lockout.”It’s a more open market, it has so much potential and the country is appealing to me,” he told Ole
In his last visit to China, Luis Scola was asked which Chinese team would he play with. “I see myself playing with the Shanghai Sharks because Yao is the owner of the team.”
As we told you before, China can offer more money than many European teams, so a number of NBA players may look there. Plus, Scola has an obvious connection to Yao Ming.
Still, put this in the “not likely” category. Scola would risk a lot of NBA money to make a lot less playing in China.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18