Jul 25, 2011, 10:23 AM EST
I get why one would be a fan of LeBron James — he has been blessed with physical gifts to play basketball like few others. He has the size and strength of Karl Malone, but he’s quicker than most of the point guards in the league. He can play inside or out, he can do just about anything he wants on the court.
But one can go a little too far with their adoration of the man.
That picture to the right is the calf of Nathan Blackhall of South Florida (that’s what he calls himself on his twitter account, anyway). He got LeBron’s face tattooed on his leg, something not even Pat Riley would have done. He sent it to LeBron who retweeted it saying “Oh damn! That’s how u feel. I appreciate the love.”
Not my leg, I don’t have to wear it around every day. This is a free country. He has every right to do this and if it makes him happy, if he likes it, then go for it. He follows up on twitter saying LeBron is his basketball idol and he is a fan of the man no matter what. Live and let live people.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)