Jul 25, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
I get why one would be a fan of LeBron James — he has been blessed with physical gifts to play basketball like few others. He has the size and strength of Karl Malone, but he’s quicker than most of the point guards in the league. He can play inside or out, he can do just about anything he wants on the court.
But one can go a little too far with their adoration of the man.
That picture to the right is the calf of Nathan Blackhall of South Florida (that’s what he calls himself on his twitter account, anyway). He got LeBron’s face tattooed on his leg, something not even Pat Riley would have done. He sent it to LeBron who retweeted it saying “Oh damn! That’s how u feel. I appreciate the love.”
Not my leg, I don’t have to wear it around every day. This is a free country. He has every right to do this and if it makes him happy, if he likes it, then go for it. He follows up on twitter saying LeBron is his basketball idol and he is a fan of the man no matter what. Live and let live people.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21