Jul 25, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
I get why one would be a fan of LeBron James — he has been blessed with physical gifts to play basketball like few others. He has the size and strength of Karl Malone, but he’s quicker than most of the point guards in the league. He can play inside or out, he can do just about anything he wants on the court.
But one can go a little too far with their adoration of the man.
That picture to the right is the calf of Nathan Blackhall of South Florida (that’s what he calls himself on his twitter account, anyway). He got LeBron’s face tattooed on his leg, something not even Pat Riley would have done. He sent it to LeBron who retweeted it saying “Oh damn! That’s how u feel. I appreciate the love.”
Not my leg, I don’t have to wear it around every day. This is a free country. He has every right to do this and if it makes him happy, if he likes it, then go for it. He follows up on twitter saying LeBron is his basketball idol and he is a fan of the man no matter what. Live and let live people.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11