Jul 25, 2011, 10:23 AM EDT
I get why one would be a fan of LeBron James — he has been blessed with physical gifts to play basketball like few others. He has the size and strength of Karl Malone, but he’s quicker than most of the point guards in the league. He can play inside or out, he can do just about anything he wants on the court.
But one can go a little too far with their adoration of the man.
That picture to the right is the calf of Nathan Blackhall of South Florida (that’s what he calls himself on his twitter account, anyway). He got LeBron’s face tattooed on his leg, something not even Pat Riley would have done. He sent it to LeBron who retweeted it saying “Oh damn! That’s how u feel. I appreciate the love.”
Not my leg, I don’t have to wear it around every day. This is a free country. He has every right to do this and if it makes him happy, if he likes it, then go for it. He follows up on twitter saying LeBron is his basketball idol and he is a fan of the man no matter what. Live and let live people.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 25
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 76
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14