Jul 23, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
The Wolves have talked to Mike Woodson, Bernie Bickerstaff, and will meet with Rick Adelman on Saturday. Then Sunday the fun begins.
From the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
Don Nelson has been in town all week prepping for his interview with the Wolves on Sunday.
OK, so maybe he arrived here from Hawaii early this week to spend some time with his daughter, a schoolteacher, and his grandkids in Minnetonka.
Point is, he’s here in town and next on a list that started with Terry Porter on Monday, Mike Woodson on Tuesday and continues with Bernie Bickerstaff today and Rick Adelman on Saturday.
This feels like it’s going to happen, despite all the better candidates, but that may just be wishful thinking for the hilarity of Nelson coaching the Timberwolves. Anthony Randolph probably finds this idea much less amusing.
Nelson might just be making a stop through on his family visit. But given the amount of attention this has received, given Nelson’s public statements regarding the job, and given the Timberwolves’ propensity for moves that defy rational thought, it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see Nelson hired on Monday.
At the same time, a point guard with Rubio’s skills, a combo-forward with Williams’ athleticism, and a power forward that can rebound like Love. What if Nellie shocked everyone and actually won with this crew?
Let’s see if he gets the gig first.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16