Jul 23, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
The Wolves have talked to Mike Woodson, Bernie Bickerstaff, and will meet with Rick Adelman on Saturday. Then Sunday the fun begins.
From the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
Don Nelson has been in town all week prepping for his interview with the Wolves on Sunday.
OK, so maybe he arrived here from Hawaii early this week to spend some time with his daughter, a schoolteacher, and his grandkids in Minnetonka.
Point is, he’s here in town and next on a list that started with Terry Porter on Monday, Mike Woodson on Tuesday and continues with Bernie Bickerstaff today and Rick Adelman on Saturday.
This feels like it’s going to happen, despite all the better candidates, but that may just be wishful thinking for the hilarity of Nelson coaching the Timberwolves. Anthony Randolph probably finds this idea much less amusing.
Nelson might just be making a stop through on his family visit. But given the amount of attention this has received, given Nelson’s public statements regarding the job, and given the Timberwolves’ propensity for moves that defy rational thought, it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see Nelson hired on Monday.
At the same time, a point guard with Rubio’s skills, a combo-forward with Williams’ athleticism, and a power forward that can rebound like Love. What if Nellie shocked everyone and actually won with this crew?
Let’s see if he gets the gig first.
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 8
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 67
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 44
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 32
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 85
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 39
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 30
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 50