Jul 23, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
The Wolves have talked to Mike Woodson, Bernie Bickerstaff, and will meet with Rick Adelman on Saturday. Then Sunday the fun begins.
From the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
Don Nelson has been in town all week prepping for his interview with the Wolves on Sunday.
OK, so maybe he arrived here from Hawaii early this week to spend some time with his daughter, a schoolteacher, and his grandkids in Minnetonka.
Point is, he’s here in town and next on a list that started with Terry Porter on Monday, Mike Woodson on Tuesday and continues with Bernie Bickerstaff today and Rick Adelman on Saturday.
This feels like it’s going to happen, despite all the better candidates, but that may just be wishful thinking for the hilarity of Nelson coaching the Timberwolves. Anthony Randolph probably finds this idea much less amusing.
Nelson might just be making a stop through on his family visit. But given the amount of attention this has received, given Nelson’s public statements regarding the job, and given the Timberwolves’ propensity for moves that defy rational thought, it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see Nelson hired on Monday.
At the same time, a point guard with Rubio’s skills, a combo-forward with Williams’ athleticism, and a power forward that can rebound like Love. What if Nellie shocked everyone and actually won with this crew?
Let’s see if he gets the gig first.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22