Jul 22, 2011, 2:58 PM EST
Things change. The swallows really don’t come back to Capistrano anymore. Coffee is not 5¢ a cup anymore.
Some late July, there will not be rumors about where Robert Swift will play in the NBA. But that year is not this year. We have Robert Swift rumors.
Swift — the well inked, of injured center — played for the Tokyo Apache last season and that team’s former coach (and former NBA head man) Bob Hill told the Japan Times he sees some landing spots for the center in the league:
The Boston Celtics and New York Knicks.
Both teams that need backup big men who could eat minutes without costing much. The question is how much Swift could really do — the Thunder sent him packing and he didn’t exactly light the league on fire in Japan. Then there are questions about if he could stay healthy.
But it’s July free agent speculation, and that is Swift’s time to shine.
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6