Jul 22, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
Things change. The swallows really don’t come back to Capistrano anymore. Coffee is not 5¢ a cup anymore.
Some late July, there will not be rumors about where Robert Swift will play in the NBA. But that year is not this year. We have Robert Swift rumors.
Swift — the well inked, of injured center — played for the Tokyo Apache last season and that team’s former coach (and former NBA head man) Bob Hill told the Japan Times he sees some landing spots for the center in the league:
The Boston Celtics and New York Knicks.
Both teams that need backup big men who could eat minutes without costing much. The question is how much Swift could really do — the Thunder sent him packing and he didn’t exactly light the league on fire in Japan. Then there are questions about if he could stay healthy.
But it’s July free agent speculation, and that is Swift’s time to shine.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20