Jul 22, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
Things change. The swallows really don’t come back to Capistrano anymore. Coffee is not 5¢ a cup anymore.
Some late July, there will not be rumors about where Robert Swift will play in the NBA. But that year is not this year. We have Robert Swift rumors.
Swift — the well inked, of injured center — played for the Tokyo Apache last season and that team’s former coach (and former NBA head man) Bob Hill told the Japan Times he sees some landing spots for the center in the league:
The Boston Celtics and New York Knicks.
Both teams that need backup big men who could eat minutes without costing much. The question is how much Swift could really do — the Thunder sent him packing and he didn’t exactly light the league on fire in Japan. Then there are questions about if he could stay healthy.
But it’s July free agent speculation, and that is Swift’s time to shine.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19