Jul 22, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
Things change. The swallows really don’t come back to Capistrano anymore. Coffee is not 5¢ a cup anymore.
Some late July, there will not be rumors about where Robert Swift will play in the NBA. But that year is not this year. We have Robert Swift rumors.
Swift — the well inked, of injured center — played for the Tokyo Apache last season and that team’s former coach (and former NBA head man) Bob Hill told the Japan Times he sees some landing spots for the center in the league:
The Boston Celtics and New York Knicks.
Both teams that need backup big men who could eat minutes without costing much. The question is how much Swift could really do — the Thunder sent him packing and he didn’t exactly light the league on fire in Japan. Then there are questions about if he could stay healthy.
But it’s July free agent speculation, and that is Swift’s time to shine.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 24
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28