Jul 22, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
Things change. The swallows really don’t come back to Capistrano anymore. Coffee is not 5¢ a cup anymore.
Some late July, there will not be rumors about where Robert Swift will play in the NBA. But that year is not this year. We have Robert Swift rumors.
Swift — the well inked, of injured center — played for the Tokyo Apache last season and that team’s former coach (and former NBA head man) Bob Hill told the Japan Times he sees some landing spots for the center in the league:
The Boston Celtics and New York Knicks.
Both teams that need backup big men who could eat minutes without costing much. The question is how much Swift could really do — the Thunder sent him packing and he didn’t exactly light the league on fire in Japan. Then there are questions about if he could stay healthy.
But it’s July free agent speculation, and that is Swift’s time to shine.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 6
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 11
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7