Jul 21, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
Warning: What follows is not good news for those of us hoping the lockout ends before the season starts. (Also, it’s pretty clearly posturing by the NBA players union.)
What’s troubling is the why.
Free agent center Etan Thomas is seriously considering an offer to play in Spain, Thomas’ manager Carlisle Sealy told HoopsHype.
“He doesn’t see the lockout ending this season,” Sealy said.
Thomas is about as involved as any player in the negotiations, so that is not a good sign. Granted, this is the perception the union wants, that it’s players have options, but still, the comment by his agent is a bit unsettling.
That said, for someone like Thomas, he can make nearly as much is Spain if he commits to a full season — and he knows there will be a season.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?