Jul 21, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
Warning: What follows is not good news for those of us hoping the lockout ends before the season starts. (Also, it’s pretty clearly posturing by the NBA players union.)
What’s troubling is the why.
Free agent center Etan Thomas is seriously considering an offer to play in Spain, Thomas’ manager Carlisle Sealy told HoopsHype.
“He doesn’t see the lockout ending this season,” Sealy said.
Thomas is about as involved as any player in the negotiations, so that is not a good sign. Granted, this is the perception the union wants, that it’s players have options, but still, the comment by his agent is a bit unsettling.
That said, for someone like Thomas, he can make nearly as much is Spain if he commits to a full season — and he knows there will be a season.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52