Jul 21, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
Warning: What follows is not good news for those of us hoping the lockout ends before the season starts. (Also, it’s pretty clearly posturing by the NBA players union.)
What’s troubling is the why.
Free agent center Etan Thomas is seriously considering an offer to play in Spain, Thomas’ manager Carlisle Sealy told HoopsHype.
“He doesn’t see the lockout ending this season,” Sealy said.
Thomas is about as involved as any player in the negotiations, so that is not a good sign. Granted, this is the perception the union wants, that it’s players have options, but still, the comment by his agent is a bit unsettling.
That said, for someone like Thomas, he can make nearly as much is Spain if he commits to a full season — and he knows there will be a season.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61