Jul 21, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s been a buzzing question around NBA video game fans for a while — who would be on the cover of NBA 2K12.
Most years you’d think Dirk Nowitzki. Or maybe the big three from Miami. But with a lockout looming, with some of maybe all of a season potentially lost, what would they do.
Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.
Last year NBA 2K11 went retro with Jordan and classic Jordan teams that you could match up against the teams of today. With the lockout, they went that way again. ESPN’s gaming blog got the comments from the creators.
“Michael Jordan for us last year was a huge success from a fan standpoint and an in-game standpoint,” says Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “But in 2K Sports fashion, we continue to improve, we continue to evolve and this year we’re taking it up a notch by having three covers of the game.”
2K Sports teamed with photographer and artist Adam Larson for the look (follow this link and see all three covers)
As for new features in the game… you’ll have to wait on that.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2