Jul 21, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s been a buzzing question around NBA video game fans for a while — who would be on the cover of NBA 2K12.
Most years you’d think Dirk Nowitzki. Or maybe the big three from Miami. But with a lockout looming, with some of maybe all of a season potentially lost, what would they do.
Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.
Last year NBA 2K11 went retro with Jordan and classic Jordan teams that you could match up against the teams of today. With the lockout, they went that way again. ESPN’s gaming blog got the comments from the creators.
“Michael Jordan for us last year was a huge success from a fan standpoint and an in-game standpoint,” says Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “But in 2K Sports fashion, we continue to improve, we continue to evolve and this year we’re taking it up a notch by having three covers of the game.”
2K Sports teamed with photographer and artist Adam Larson for the look (follow this link and see all three covers)
As for new features in the game… you’ll have to wait on that.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49