Jul 21, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s been a buzzing question around NBA video game fans for a while — who would be on the cover of NBA 2K12.
Most years you’d think Dirk Nowitzki. Or maybe the big three from Miami. But with a lockout looming, with some of maybe all of a season potentially lost, what would they do.
Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.
Last year NBA 2K11 went retro with Jordan and classic Jordan teams that you could match up against the teams of today. With the lockout, they went that way again. ESPN’s gaming blog got the comments from the creators.
“Michael Jordan for us last year was a huge success from a fan standpoint and an in-game standpoint,” says Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “But in 2K Sports fashion, we continue to improve, we continue to evolve and this year we’re taking it up a notch by having three covers of the game.”
2K Sports teamed with photographer and artist Adam Larson for the look (follow this link and see all three covers)
As for new features in the game… you’ll have to wait on that.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34