Jul 21, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s been a buzzing question around NBA video game fans for a while — who would be on the cover of NBA 2K12.
Most years you’d think Dirk Nowitzki. Or maybe the big three from Miami. But with a lockout looming, with some of maybe all of a season potentially lost, what would they do.
Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.
Last year NBA 2K11 went retro with Jordan and classic Jordan teams that you could match up against the teams of today. With the lockout, they went that way again. ESPN’s gaming blog got the comments from the creators.
“Michael Jordan for us last year was a huge success from a fan standpoint and an in-game standpoint,” says Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “But in 2K Sports fashion, we continue to improve, we continue to evolve and this year we’re taking it up a notch by having three covers of the game.”
2K Sports teamed with photographer and artist Adam Larson for the look (follow this link and see all three covers)
As for new features in the game… you’ll have to wait on that.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10