Jul 21, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s been a buzzing question around NBA video game fans for a while — who would be on the cover of NBA 2K12.
Most years you’d think Dirk Nowitzki. Or maybe the big three from Miami. But with a lockout looming, with some of maybe all of a season potentially lost, what would they do.
Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.
Last year NBA 2K11 went retro with Jordan and classic Jordan teams that you could match up against the teams of today. With the lockout, they went that way again. ESPN’s gaming blog got the comments from the creators.
“Michael Jordan for us last year was a huge success from a fan standpoint and an in-game standpoint,” says Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “But in 2K Sports fashion, we continue to improve, we continue to evolve and this year we’re taking it up a notch by having three covers of the game.”
2K Sports teamed with photographer and artist Adam Larson for the look (follow this link and see all three covers)
As for new features in the game… you’ll have to wait on that.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18