Jul 21, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
The Goodman League is the long-standing pro-am summer league out of Washington D.C. that has seen a lot of NBA players come through it.
The Drew League is the long-standing pro-am summer league out of Los Angeles that has seen a lot of NBA players come through it.
Both have a streetball feel, both have big time reputations. East Coast vs. West Coast. This year, the two leagues are facing off in a showdown game (August 20 in Washington, D.C., and you can watch it streaming on the Web). Thursdays the rosters were announced — and it is on.
For the Goodman League: Kevin Durant (Thunder), John Wall (Wizards), Ty Lawson (Nuggets), Gary Neal (Spurs), Tyreke Evans (Kings), Michael Beasley (Timberwolves), DeMarcus Cousins (Kings), Josh Selby (Grizzlies), Sam Young (Grizzlies), Donte Green(Kings), Hugh “Baby Shaq” Jones (AND1 Tour), Emanuel “Duce” Jones and Warren “D-Nice” Jefferson.
For the Drew League: James Harden (Thunder), DeMar DeRozan (Raptors), Nick Young (Wizards), Dorrell Wright (Warriors), Brandon Jennings (Bucks), JaVale McGee (Wizards), Craig Smith (Clippers), Pooh Jeter (Kings), Bobby Brown (Aris BC), Marcus Williams (Grizzlies) and three more players yet to be named.
What are we going to see? A lot of this:
Yea, we’re watching that.
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 0
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 8
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 84
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 20
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay