Jul 20, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
The Minnesota Timberwolves are off to a fast start with interviews — Terry Porter and Mike Woodson have sat down with Wolves management, Don Nelson has spoke to them on the phone and likely will get an interview.
Expect Timberwolves still to interview Portland assistant Bernie Bickerstaff, even though his son J.B. has joined Kevin McHale in Houston
The younger Bickerstaff had been a Wolves assistant and the plan had been to bring in 67-year-old Bernie to both coach for a couple years and groom his son to take over the big chair after him. Then J.B. bolted to Houston.
The age thing does not seem to concern the Wolves too much, Nelson is 71 and in the running.
Expect the Wolves to take their time with this decision — because of the lockout there is only so much the coach can do right now anyway. A staff can be assembled and plans made, but since players cannot be contacted there are limits on how much work can get done.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 8
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3