Jul 20, 2011, 9:02 PM EDT
With a couple weeks to go in the regular season, Joakim Noah sprained his ankle and missed a few games. He came back to play the final six and all the Bulls playoff games.
But is ankle was never right, and the French team doctors didn’t like what they saw.
So the French — who have opened training camp to start preparing for EuroBasket, the Olympic qualifying tournament — sent Noah back to the United States to get treatment on his ankle, reports the Chicago Tribune.
The French Basketball Federation released a statement saying, “In an act of transparency, the FFBB sent the medical reports to his club and his agent….”
FIBA.com reported the French Basketball Federation sent a representative to Chicago “to coordinate the rehabilitation program of the player in accordance with his agent.”
The Bulls aren’t going to comment because they don’t want to join the ranks of the fined.
Expect Noah to get treatment then rejoin the French team before EuroBasket begins Aug. 31. There are 22 teams in the tournament fighting for two guaranteed spots in the London Olympics next year, with teams finishing three to six heading on to the pre-Olympics qualifying tournament next year for a second shot.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'