Jul 20, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
This weekend Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and others will be in the Philippines for an exhibition game. Putting on a show for some fans in a basketball mad country.
There will be more exhibition gams like this, especially if the lockout drags on and games are missed. Expect to see Carmelo Anthony doing a few of them.
I keep getting all these offers for @carmeloanthony to play overseas in exhibition games lol. And the paper aint bad at all.
There may be a barnstorming tour of China if the lockout extends to the point games are lost, but that may just be the best known of several in the works. Players — especially ones with big shoe contracts like ‘Melo — will find there way to these events as a way to promote their brand.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 7
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 7
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 19
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64