Jul 20, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
This weekend Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and others will be in the Philippines for an exhibition game. Putting on a show for some fans in a basketball mad country.
There will be more exhibition gams like this, especially if the lockout drags on and games are missed. Expect to see Carmelo Anthony doing a few of them.
I keep getting all these offers for @carmeloanthony to play overseas in exhibition games lol. And the paper aint bad at all.
There may be a barnstorming tour of China if the lockout extends to the point games are lost, but that may just be the best known of several in the works. Players — especially ones with big shoe contracts like ‘Melo — will find there way to these events as a way to promote their brand.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 7
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional