Jul 20, 2011, 2:08 PM EDT
This weekend Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and others will be in the Philippines for an exhibition game. Putting on a show for some fans in a basketball mad country.
There will be more exhibition gams like this, especially if the lockout drags on and games are missed. Expect to see Carmelo Anthony doing a few of them.
I keep getting all these offers for @carmeloanthony to play overseas in exhibition games lol. And the paper aint bad at all.
There may be a barnstorming tour of China if the lockout extends to the point games are lost, but that may just be the best known of several in the works. Players — especially ones with big shoe contracts like ‘Melo — will find there way to these events as a way to promote their brand.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11