Jul 20, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
With the Miami Heat back in the NBA finals, Alonzo Mourning seemed to back in the news a lot. Which is good, we missed Zo.
This, however, is not how he wanted to be back in the news. From the Sun-Sentinel.
A Miami college student was to file a lawsuit Wednesday claiming he was injured and nearly killed three days ago, when a sports car driven by Alonzo Mourning smashed into his car on the Julia Tuttle Causeway and then fled the scene.
William Candelario, 20, was driving home from Miami Beach early Sunday morning when a blue Porsche driven by the former Heat star slammed into Candelario’s 2010 Audi, causing the car to flip over several times, according to Coral Gables attorney Spencer Aronfeld.
According to police, Candelario had been involved in another accident first and both he and the other car stopped in the street to exchange insurance or cuss at each other or whatever. That is when the accident occurred. Mourning reportedly did return to the scene 45 minutes later, according to the report.
Mourning is the vice president of player programs and development with the Heat.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2