Jul 20, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
With the Miami Heat back in the NBA finals, Alonzo Mourning seemed to back in the news a lot. Which is good, we missed Zo.
This, however, is not how he wanted to be back in the news. From the Sun-Sentinel.
A Miami college student was to file a lawsuit Wednesday claiming he was injured and nearly killed three days ago, when a sports car driven by Alonzo Mourning smashed into his car on the Julia Tuttle Causeway and then fled the scene.
William Candelario, 20, was driving home from Miami Beach early Sunday morning when a blue Porsche driven by the former Heat star slammed into Candelario’s 2010 Audi, causing the car to flip over several times, according to Coral Gables attorney Spencer Aronfeld.
According to police, Candelario had been involved in another accident first and both he and the other car stopped in the street to exchange insurance or cuss at each other or whatever. That is when the accident occurred. Mourning reportedly did return to the scene 45 minutes later, according to the report.
Mourning is the vice president of player programs and development with the Heat.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17