Jul 19, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
That combined with Bosh scoring 7 fewer points per game than either of the other two, and the fact the other two took over games far more regularly, led to a perception that it was not really a “big three” in Miami.
The Miami Heat, they’ve got a lot of great players, the ‘Big Two.’ They will be back.
“LeBron James is taking a lot of criticism, but I know LeBron very well. He hears everything that everyone is saying, so I think he’s going to come back and have an MVP year this year….
“Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, you know, they’re great players, they’re probably the greatest backcourt ever assembled.”
Mario Chalmers would like to remind Shaq he was the Heat’s backcourt partner with Dwyane Wade. Chalmers would like to remind you of that, too, you probably forgot.
Bosh was never mentioned, intentionally as the door was opened a few times for the chance. Bosh heard this during the season and essentially shrugged. Whatever. He’s getting paid and he’s there to win and he seemed not to really care what people though of him or his role.
Sounds like Shaq has figured out this television thing. The fact remains though that the Heat will need big games — and frankly bigger games at both ends — from Bosh if they are to ever take that next step and win a title.
- Report: The Clippers have let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 3
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 8
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 6
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 6
- Report: Tony Parker got death threat during Game 1 9
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable