Jul 19, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
We tried to tell you earlier that there are no meaningful negotiations going on between the owners and players, that everyone is playing a game of lockout chicken, waiting for the deadline to put pressure on the talks.
Fisher will join the likes of Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Derrick Williams, Tyreke Evans and JaVale McGee representing the MVP Sports Foundation, according to a person who was familiar with the roster but wasn’t authorized to speak about it publicly.
The team is expected to play in a pair of exhibition games July 23 and 24 against the Philippine Basketball Assn.’s All-Star team and the Smart Gilas national team at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City.
Not sure exactly what team with CP3 and Rose is going to do with Fisher at the point, but there you go. He’ll be there.
Fisher also has been linked to a still-forming barnstorming tour of China expected to happen in the late summer or fall. When he might actually be needed at the bargaining table.
Right now he’s not because there are no high-level talks going on (and really no midlevel or even low-level talks either).
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 3
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20