Jul 19, 2011, 7:39 PM EDT
Here’s what we learned about George Hill today — not a fan of Whataburger. Big fan of Gregg Popovich’s jokes (if you like dry humor you’d like his jokes, too.)
But what did Hill tell butthegameison.com he would miss most after the trade? When asked to rate how much he would miss seeing Manu Ginobili play nightly on a scale of one to 10, he quickly answered “20.”
Hill is going to be an interesting addition in Indiana — he has been a solid role player on a good team whose raw numbers don’t suggest he can step into a much bigger role in Indiana. But he does make the Pacers deeper and more steady. Hill said in the interview what he plans to bring is leadership.
It’s what the Pacers wanted me to come there for, to bring a little bit of leadership. I’ve learned a lot with my three years being in San Antonio and I’ll try to take that to Indiana and help us become a top caliber team.
A full season with Frank Vogel at the help and Hill make the Pacers a team to watch next season — they are not going to be a title contender, but they feel like a team that could take a step forward. How big a step is the question.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10