Jul 19, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
Is there any athlete or celebrity out there who hasn’t claimed to have their twitter account hacked?
Dwyane Wade is serious about his alleged hackers, though. He has filed a lawsuit against unnamed defendants who allegedly hacked into his twitter, Yahoo email and some other social media accounts, according to the Dallas Business Journal (the suit was filed in Texas).
In the court case, Wade is seeking the return of all originals and copies of his business and personal records as well as unspecified actual and punitive damages and legal fees. The suit identifies the defendants accused of illicitly accessing Wade’s computers and accounts as “John Does 1-50″ because Wade doesn’t know who they are. The suit is filed in Texas because the owner of one of the email accounts used to access Wade’s Yahoo! account lives in Tyler, according to the complaint.
The hacking happened between Jan. 2007 and June 2011, and involved modifying account settings and changing account passwords, according to the suit. The hackers reviewed years worth of confidential and private information, including documents between Wade and his attorneys, communications between Wade and his ex-wife, business associates, advisers, family and friends, the complaint states. The hackers also sent sometimes vulgar and threatening emails purporting to be from Wade and used Wade’s likeness request private documents, the complaint says.
Wade did a late-night video message to his hackers and put it on YouTube and if you have three minutes of your life to waste you can watch it (you’re not missing much by skipping it).
Normally this is where we’d mock Wade, but frankly hacking into his email is serious. If this happens, we hope they find the guys. Not exactly sure how he’s going to make them pay however, as odds are good Wade is worth 100 times what the hackers are.
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 0
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 32
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?