Jul 19, 2011, 10:56 AM EST
We told you yesterday that Lakers and reality television star Lamar Odom was back in New York for the funeral of a family member when a car he was a passenger in was involved in an accident. At the time, we knew Odom was uninjured but not the severity of the other injuries.
The 15-year-old pedestrian hurt in the crash has passed away, according to TMZ.
Early Tuesday Lamar Odom tweeted this:
My thoughts and prayers are with the young boys family…
TMZ has the details.
Odom was in NY on Thursday to attend a funeral for his cousin — and had hired a car service to drive him around town during his visit. But while Odom was in the car, the vehicle was involved in an accident with a motorcycle … which was propelled into a 15-year-old pedestrian…
The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital … and emergency surgery was performed in an effort to save his life … but the injuries proved to be too severe … and the boy died the following day….
A source close to Lamar tells us … the NBA star is “devastated” by the tragedy.
Our thoughts are with the family of the young man.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 7
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1