Jul 19, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
We told you yesterday that Lakers and reality television star Lamar Odom was back in New York for the funeral of a family member when a car he was a passenger in was involved in an accident. At the time, we knew Odom was uninjured but not the severity of the other injuries.
The 15-year-old pedestrian hurt in the crash has passed away, according to TMZ.
Early Tuesday Lamar Odom tweeted this:
My thoughts and prayers are with the young boys family…
TMZ has the details.
Odom was in NY on Thursday to attend a funeral for his cousin — and had hired a car service to drive him around town during his visit. But while Odom was in the car, the vehicle was involved in an accident with a motorcycle … which was propelled into a 15-year-old pedestrian…
The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital … and emergency surgery was performed in an effort to save his life … but the injuries proved to be too severe … and the boy died the following day….
A source close to Lamar tells us … the NBA star is “devastated” by the tragedy.
Our thoughts are with the family of the young man.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12