Jul 19, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
We told you yesterday that Lakers and reality television star Lamar Odom was back in New York for the funeral of a family member when a car he was a passenger in was involved in an accident. At the time, we knew Odom was uninjured but not the severity of the other injuries.
The 15-year-old pedestrian hurt in the crash has passed away, according to TMZ.
Early Tuesday Lamar Odom tweeted this:
My thoughts and prayers are with the young boys family…
TMZ has the details.
Odom was in NY on Thursday to attend a funeral for his cousin — and had hired a car service to drive him around town during his visit. But while Odom was in the car, the vehicle was involved in an accident with a motorcycle … which was propelled into a 15-year-old pedestrian…
The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital … and emergency surgery was performed in an effort to save his life … but the injuries proved to be too severe … and the boy died the following day….
A source close to Lamar tells us … the NBA star is “devastated” by the tragedy.
Our thoughts are with the family of the young man.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18