Jul 19, 2011, 10:11 AM EST
When English Premier League power Liverpool tour Asia next month — a chance to get in some warmup matches before the season and promote the brand in China — fans of the franchise would love the chance to meet Dirk Kuyt or Steven Gerrard.
James is part owner of Liverpool through his deal with Fenway Sports Management (LeBron’s marketing arm and part of the organization that owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool’s football club). In recent months LeBron has been spotted wearing some Liverpool gear.
LeBron also will be touring China in August, promoting his brand.
When Liverpool plays games in China, fans attending the games can enter a drawing to win a chance to meet LeBron when he comes to the country, SBJ reports.
What is interesting is this is the first synergy we’ve seen between LeBron and Liverpool, but it will not be the last. Because the NBA and English Premier League seasons run basically concurrently, it may be a challenge to line things up. But if the NBA were to lock out and miss some time… who knows?
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 8
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 17
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)