Jul 19, 2011, 10:11 AM EDT
When English Premier League power Liverpool tour Asia next month — a chance to get in some warmup matches before the season and promote the brand in China — fans of the franchise would love the chance to meet Dirk Kuyt or Steven Gerrard.
James is part owner of Liverpool through his deal with Fenway Sports Management (LeBron’s marketing arm and part of the organization that owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool’s football club). In recent months LeBron has been spotted wearing some Liverpool gear.
LeBron also will be touring China in August, promoting his brand.
When Liverpool plays games in China, fans attending the games can enter a drawing to win a chance to meet LeBron when he comes to the country, SBJ reports.
What is interesting is this is the first synergy we’ve seen between LeBron and Liverpool, but it will not be the last. Because the NBA and English Premier League seasons run basically concurrently, it may be a challenge to line things up. But if the NBA were to lock out and miss some time… who knows?
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11