Jul 19, 2011, 10:11 AM EDT
When English Premier League power Liverpool tour Asia next month — a chance to get in some warmup matches before the season and promote the brand in China — fans of the franchise would love the chance to meet Dirk Kuyt or Steven Gerrard.
James is part owner of Liverpool through his deal with Fenway Sports Management (LeBron’s marketing arm and part of the organization that owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool’s football club). In recent months LeBron has been spotted wearing some Liverpool gear.
LeBron also will be touring China in August, promoting his brand.
When Liverpool plays games in China, fans attending the games can enter a drawing to win a chance to meet LeBron when he comes to the country, SBJ reports.
What is interesting is this is the first synergy we’ve seen between LeBron and Liverpool, but it will not be the last. Because the NBA and English Premier League seasons run basically concurrently, it may be a challenge to line things up. But if the NBA were to lock out and miss some time… who knows?
- Hawks cruise to underwhelming Game 1 win over Nets 3
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 15
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10