Jul 19, 2011, 10:11 AM EDT
When English Premier League power Liverpool tour Asia next month — a chance to get in some warmup matches before the season and promote the brand in China — fans of the franchise would love the chance to meet Dirk Kuyt or Steven Gerrard.
James is part owner of Liverpool through his deal with Fenway Sports Management (LeBron’s marketing arm and part of the organization that owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool’s football club). In recent months LeBron has been spotted wearing some Liverpool gear.
LeBron also will be touring China in August, promoting his brand.
When Liverpool plays games in China, fans attending the games can enter a drawing to win a chance to meet LeBron when he comes to the country, SBJ reports.
What is interesting is this is the first synergy we’ve seen between LeBron and Liverpool, but it will not be the last. Because the NBA and English Premier League seasons run basically concurrently, it may be a challenge to line things up. But if the NBA were to lock out and miss some time… who knows?
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25