Jul 19, 2011, 10:11 AM EDT
When English Premier League power Liverpool tour Asia next month — a chance to get in some warmup matches before the season and promote the brand in China — fans of the franchise would love the chance to meet Dirk Kuyt or Steven Gerrard.
James is part owner of Liverpool through his deal with Fenway Sports Management (LeBron’s marketing arm and part of the organization that owns the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool’s football club). In recent months LeBron has been spotted wearing some Liverpool gear.
LeBron also will be touring China in August, promoting his brand.
When Liverpool plays games in China, fans attending the games can enter a drawing to win a chance to meet LeBron when he comes to the country, SBJ reports.
What is interesting is this is the first synergy we’ve seen between LeBron and Liverpool, but it will not be the last. Because the NBA and English Premier League seasons run basically concurrently, it may be a challenge to line things up. But if the NBA were to lock out and miss some time… who knows?
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 40
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 39
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6