Jul 19, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
The official schedule release isn’t until later on Tuesday — so if you want to know when Toronto plays Minnesota you’ll have to wait — but some of the marque games are leaking out.
Like when Carmelo Anthony returns to the Pepsi Center in Denver. It isn’t exactly LeBron returning to Cleveland, but it’s not going to be the return of the prodigal son, either. There will be some venom.
Well, if it happens. The lockout could screw that up, too. Marc Berman at the New York Post had the scoop.
According to a person debriefed on the Knicks’ 2011-12 schedule, the club embarks on a West Coast trip in November and will play a snazzy, nationally televised back-to-back, facing the Nuggets Nov. 16 on ESPN and the Lakers at Staples Center Nov. 17 on TNT’s Thursday night showcase.
If this NBA labor situation goes down like 1999, when the season was reduced to a condensed 50-game schedule plus playoffs, long road trips planned for early in the schedule are the kind of things cut out. Like this planned Knicks West Coast swing.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 37
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31