Jul 19, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
The official schedule release isn’t until later on Tuesday — so if you want to know when Toronto plays Minnesota you’ll have to wait — but some of the marque games are leaking out.
Like when Carmelo Anthony returns to the Pepsi Center in Denver. It isn’t exactly LeBron returning to Cleveland, but it’s not going to be the return of the prodigal son, either. There will be some venom.
Well, if it happens. The lockout could screw that up, too. Marc Berman at the New York Post had the scoop.
According to a person debriefed on the Knicks’ 2011-12 schedule, the club embarks on a West Coast trip in November and will play a snazzy, nationally televised back-to-back, facing the Nuggets Nov. 16 on ESPN and the Lakers at Staples Center Nov. 17 on TNT’s Thursday night showcase.
If this NBA labor situation goes down like 1999, when the season was reduced to a condensed 50-game schedule plus playoffs, long road trips planned for early in the schedule are the kind of things cut out. Like this planned Knicks West Coast swing.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15