Jul 19, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
The official schedule release isn’t until later on Tuesday — so if you want to know when Toronto plays Minnesota you’ll have to wait — but some of the marque games are leaking out.
Like when Carmelo Anthony returns to the Pepsi Center in Denver. It isn’t exactly LeBron returning to Cleveland, but it’s not going to be the return of the prodigal son, either. There will be some venom.
Well, if it happens. The lockout could screw that up, too. Marc Berman at the New York Post had the scoop.
According to a person debriefed on the Knicks’ 2011-12 schedule, the club embarks on a West Coast trip in November and will play a snazzy, nationally televised back-to-back, facing the Nuggets Nov. 16 on ESPN and the Lakers at Staples Center Nov. 17 on TNT’s Thursday night showcase.
If this NBA labor situation goes down like 1999, when the season was reduced to a condensed 50-game schedule plus playoffs, long road trips planned for early in the schedule are the kind of things cut out. Like this planned Knicks West Coast swing.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47