Jul 18, 2011, 10:40 PM EST
Perks of going to the Charlotte Bobcats fantasy camp is that the owner may show up and hang out.
Which is what happened Monday. According to Bobcats.com at the morning camp session one girl asked if MJ could still dunk. And we know how Jordan reacts to a challenge.
At the evening session he showed up and threw one down — pretty easily, we should add. Follow this link to the video (we would embed it, but NBA.com stopped making their videos embeddable last season because… we have no idea, but they are not).
JumpUSA.com lists Jordan’s standing reach at (8’10”) while noting that you need to be able to touch four to six inches above the rim to dunk a ball. So we can calculate (estimate) that Jordan has, at minimum, an 18″ vertical leap. Pretty solid given that he is pushing 50 years old. In case you were wondering, the site lists his highest measured vertical at 43″.
That’s slightly higher than my best. We’d say that Jordan is the only owner who can dunk, but we’re not sure about Mikhail Prokhorov of the Nets. And of course Michael Heisley of Memphis.
My guess is that a decade from now, if challenged, Jordan would still have another dunk in him.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 8
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 5
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 13
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (50)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)