Jul 18, 2011, 10:48 AM EST
Lamar Odom — thanks to his marriage, thanks to the reality shows that came with it, and thanks to playing on a championship team in a city where the entertainment industry reigns — is now news even when something that isn’t even his fault happens.
Lamar Odom was in a car accident in New York last week, according to the New York Post. He wasn’t driving and he wasn’t injured, but a motorcycle driver and pedestrian were seriously hurt. (UPDATE: The boy involved has died.)
To show you where his life is at, the accident was confirmed by the publicist for his wife (Khloe Kardashian):
“Khloe wasn’t in the car. It was a driver, and Lamar was in the back seat,’’ Kardashian’s publicist, Jill Fritzo, told The Post.
MediaTakeOut.com first reported the accident, saying Odom was headed back a barbershop in his old neighborhood. The motorcyclist and a 15-year-old boy were both seriously injured in the crash, the Web site said.
There you go. If you want more details head to your favorite gossip sites. It would be interesting to see how this level of fame and the reality shows would go over with another franchise (Odom was mentioned in trade rumors around the draft). In Los Angeles, the franchise doesn’t blink, but would that be the case in Philadelphia or other towns?
We personally can’t wait for the lockout to end so we can get back to writing about basketball.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)