Jul 18, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Lamar Odom — thanks to his marriage, thanks to the reality shows that came with it, and thanks to playing on a championship team in a city where the entertainment industry reigns — is now news even when something that isn’t even his fault happens.
Lamar Odom was in a car accident in New York last week, according to the New York Post. He wasn’t driving and he wasn’t injured, but a motorcycle driver and pedestrian were seriously hurt. (UPDATE: The boy involved has died.)
To show you where his life is at, the accident was confirmed by the publicist for his wife (Khloe Kardashian):
“Khloe wasn’t in the car. It was a driver, and Lamar was in the back seat,’’ Kardashian’s publicist, Jill Fritzo, told The Post.
MediaTakeOut.com first reported the accident, saying Odom was headed back a barbershop in his old neighborhood. The motorcyclist and a 15-year-old boy were both seriously injured in the crash, the Web site said.
There you go. If you want more details head to your favorite gossip sites. It would be interesting to see how this level of fame and the reality shows would go over with another franchise (Odom was mentioned in trade rumors around the draft). In Los Angeles, the franchise doesn’t blink, but would that be the case in Philadelphia or other towns?
We personally can’t wait for the lockout to end so we can get back to writing about basketball.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90