Jul 18, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Looks like the Bulls will open their season against the Dirk Nowitizki and the defending world champions on Nov. 1, according to CSN Chicago.
Let’s hope to see it. Let’s hope that by Nov. 1 there is NBA basketball.
If not, if games are lost, it is these kind of East vs. West games that go first (as our own Ira Winderman pointed out). Part of that is travel issues, part of that is making sure that each of the teams in the conference have a fair shot at playoff seedings based on playing each other.
Either way, I’d hate to lose a fun season opener like that.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49