Jul 17, 2011, 9:37 AM EST
It’s a tough line to walk, believe it or not. Your favorite players leaving to play overseas is definitely news, it affects their health, their conditioning, and lets you know there’s something to keep an eye on, in terms of their production. But with so many players talking about going (pretty much everyone it seems has been advised either by their agents or by the NBPA to say they’re “open” to going overseas), a lot of it gets lost in the din. So we thought we’d round up the latest for you.
- Let’s start with Steve Nash, who told Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic that he’d “love to play overseas” though he was worried about it with three kids. His agent said he’s “ready to roll.” Nash would fit well into the European style, on the surface, but then again, Nash fits well into pretty much any style on the surface.
- Rudy Gay said on Twitter he’d be open to going. Not like he needs it after signing that last contract, but hey. See the world.
- There are rumors Nash’s teammate Marcin Gortat has signed with the Russian team Spartak Saint Petersburg.
- AS.com reports that Real Madrid is looking at Mo Evans, Sasha Pavlovic, Jamal Crawford, Anthony Parker, and Andres Nocioni. Of those, Crawford would cost the most, but would make the biggest splash. They’re in need of a small forward, so Evans might be the best fit (for the first time in his career).
- Another Sun, Garret Siler is also looking at what he wants to do and is comfortable heading out. It’s guys like Siler who have a greater majority within the union and therefore a greater impact if they can head overseas.
- Al Iannazone of the New Jersey Record reports that Sasha Vujacic‘s contract for Istanbul does not contain an out to play in the NBA if play resumes. The Machine is gone for the long haul.
- Beno Udrih, who is Slovenian, has played for a half dozen European teams in the past, but isn’t looking to go overseas during the lockout. Go figure.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)