Jul 15, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
Seems like every day one or more NBA players say they are open to the idea of playing overseas during the NBA lockout. While we have our doubts about how many will actually go (even if the lockout drags into the season), here’s a roundup of who is saying and doing what in the last 24 hours.
Sacramento Kings draft pick and soon-to-be marketing campaign focus Jimmer Fredette is not considering going overseas, that according to a tweet from Sean Cunningham of News10 in Sacramento. Not a real shock there, don’t expect any first round draft picks to head overseas — they will get paid a lot more to play in the NBA and they risk blowing all that by getting injured overseas. (The only exception is the guys drafted from European teams this past season, who may work out deals to remain until the lockout ends.)
We told you that Sahsa Vujacic is heading to Turkey, as had been expected.
Golden State point guard Stephen Curry said that he would consider options for playing in China if the lockout dragged on, as would teammate Dorell Wright, as reported in the Contra Costa Times. Guess which guy those teams want more. This is Curry following the players union company line, there are no offers now but if things drag out he may listen more seriously.
Also, Phoenix center Marcin Gortat said that he would entertain playing for a team in Russia if the lockout drags on, he told a Polish publication. He will also play for Poland in EuroBasket this summer.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)