Jul 15, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant on his annual tour through Asia, promoting the game, himself and selling some Nike shoes along the way. And he’s the biggest NBA star in Asia because he has been doing this for years.
How much do they love him in the Philippines? Watch the video below.
Kobe laced them up for an exhibition game and the video below is him making a steal and getting a runout for a dunk. Over here we would say Kobe is taking it at half speed and is not as explosive as he once was anyway. There, they don’t care. Listen to the crowd. They react like he just won the NBA finals (even the other guys on the bench are going nuts).
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 0
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 16
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3